Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome, let's hear abit about what brought you here. :)

My Name is Percella I have 2 kids with Type 1 Diabetes Micheal and Eric Micheal is 9 and Eric 4
Micheal was diagnosed 03/28/06
Eric 02/29/08 his diagnosis was through Trialnet, a group that is trying to find the reason behind Type 1 and a way to postpone diagnosis and hopefully a way to cure it. :)

My goal is to have this group a must read, for everyone. I hope that by joining us you will want to check back here at least once every day just to see what's up and to read the great new info, that we are all able and going to contribute!
Thank you so much momma's you are all wonderful!

by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Replies (131-134):
thebestTiffany
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2011 at 4:52 AM

Hello

I'm Tiffany my husband and I have been married since 2000, we have 4 kids.  The 2nd oldest has diabetes.  She was diagnosed at age 6 in 2008.  She also has Celiac disease.  She is on the animas ping and uses apidra.   

nimicholas
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Hi!  My name is Michelle and my son Joey (8) was diagnosed last Friday with type 1 diabetes.  It was very shocking.  He was going to the bathroom frequently at night, but only for one night.  We thought he had a urinary tract infection and that is what took us to the doctor's office.  Everything is a bit of a blur after that, but the next day we were 2 hours away from home and had been given the news.  After the initial shock, we decided that we could most definitely deal with this and we hope to have this make as little an impact on our son's life as possible.  BUT, we still need to be able to make him understand that there are certain routines we need to follow now.  Just looking for helpful hints and info, and wanting to stay connected to people who have something in common.

ZazaGoszzy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Hi ladies! My name is Zarah, I'm 24 and I live in Massachusetts. I have one son, Elliot who is 10 months old. He was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on the 15th of this month, so a little over a week and a half now :-( I'm also a type 1 diabetic. I was diagnosed when I was 2. I hope I get to meet some amazing people and make some new friends

cocod222
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi, my name is Jessica and my son has type 1 Diabetes. He was diagnosed in 2003- so we have been going thru this for awhile now however it seems like it's harder now that he is about to be a teenager. I can't get him to eat!! I want him to be independent and make good food choices but he's NOT!!! and I feel like everything I say is going in one ear and out the other!  I hope to hear some good advice and see how other moms may handle their  teenagers today with diabetes! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)