Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About US!!

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2008 at 1:43 PM
  • 73 Replies
  • 1740 Total Views
Okay Moms!! We spend so much time discussing our wonderful children and how to make the best of a difficult situation that we are all facing and will continue to face for a VERY LONG time (notice I didn't say forever there, hoping for a cure sooner than that).

I thought it would be fun to take some time and focus on eachother by posting 7 random facts about ourselves in order for us to learn more about us momma's and not the kids.

Here are mine:

1) One of the first words that I could say as a baby was "olive" (they are my fav food!)

2) I am petrified of thunderstorms because when my oldest was an infant a tornado went through our backyard and destroyed everything. Luckily, it didn't hit the house because we were sleeping and had no idea.

3) I just graduated with a bachelor's degree in accounting last year at the ripe age of 34! It's never too late - I'm planning on continuing.

4) My husband and I dated for a short period in HS, but it was not a memorable time for either of us because we can't even remember how many dates we went on. We ran into one another 10 years later and within a short few minutes of talking I knew we would be married - and we were 8 months later.

5) I suffer from wanderlust and never go anywhere. When I am watching the travel channel I tell everyone in the room to quiet down because I "am on vacation" to where ever it is they are featuring on that program.

6) I spent 12 years waiting tables for a living and now suffer from carpal tunnel (is that spelled right?)

7)  My mind is never in idle. I am always twelve steps ahead - which is usually not a good thing because then I forget the step I'm currently on.

Care to share yourself with us?

Jeanne
by on Jun. 28, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
08mpayne
by Group Admin on Jun. 28, 2008 at 4:53 PM
I love it when we do stuff like this!!!  Great idea!!

1.  I have 2 dogs named Hulk and Hogan-my boys love wrestling!  Honestly-Hogan was first and he has a congenital defect which causes his legs to bow so he walks like a person with big muscles.  Then we got Hulk who is a 6 pound mini weiner dog but barks like he weighs in at 250+.

2.  I have a degree in education from Ohio State-go Bucks!  I love kids but don't teach in large part because I usually can't stand their parents!

3.  I have a huge family-my hubby is one of 5 kids.  When we get together for holidays-always at our house-there are about 40 people.  The majority of them are under age 14.

4.  I love to organize things-can anyone say ocd?  Seriously-my motto is a place for everything and everything in its place.

5.  I love to sew! I make Gracie's-and a few other kids!-custom made pump pouches, curtains, tote bags, pillows, etc.  I am dying to learn to quilt!

6.  My hubby and I met at church-I am wife # 3-there are 2 ways to look at that.  Either third times a charm or three strikes and you're out.

7.  I am adopted and have recently been in contact with my birth family.  Talk about a Pandora's box-my aunt in my bmom, my mom is my aunt......Jerry Springer here we come!

" alt="" width="420" height="80" align="bottom">

heatheryn
by Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM
1.  I come from a gigantic family.  I am one of 7 my husband one of 6.  My parents have 18 grandchildren (3 of which are mine) and Great Grandchild #2 is due in September all while they are only 54.

2.  My husband and I met when I was almost 18 (2 weeks) and we were married when I was 20.

3. I love to read.  Pretty much anything and any useless fact that I read will be there pretty much forever or until I pass it on to someone else.

4. I Love love LOVED New kids on the block as a teenager and currently have tickets to see them on their reunion tour in October and I am so freaking excited!

5.  I coach baseball and soccer for my girls.

6.  I have a bachelor degree in Arts major in Sociology and minor in communications. 

7.  I don't like my mother in law much.  We don't mesh well and I think that she is still holding out hopes for wife number 2 even after12 years.  I think she figures my brother in law just had his second divorce, so maybe it isn't so bad. lol.
Dreamcatcher35
by Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 10:45 PM
1.  I have an associates degree in Elementary  Education (graduated in 2002).  I just have not been able to finish the rest since Ricky

2.  I am a widow (almost 2 years now)

3.  I am a BIGGGGG johnny Depp fan....my boys gave me a Rolling Stone poster of him for Mother's Day!!! LOL ...Cory said, "Well , aren't you going to lick it???"

4.  Although born in Kentucky, I refer to myself as a California girl @ HEART because my family left there to move back to Ky  just before I was born...
having to rip my sister from a neighbor's basement by FORCE! LOL

5.  I simply detest any kind of racism, sexism, or other kind of discrimination...dunno maybe it's my varied heritage...
(Cherokee, Souix, German-Jew, Freanch, Irish, and English) I even have a cousin living in China who was left there after the 1st  world war

6.  All I wish for now is that the last year and a half to have beena  bad dream!! like the movie Premonition

7.I scrapbook alot.....especially old photos
kimcarr
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Wow what a challenge, to define ourselves without our children, as a Mom of 3 girls, okay here I go

I was born in Calif but now live in Ohio via Georgia, N Carolina, MIssouri, and New Orleans.

My only brother lives in Orange County, My Mom lives across the street. Thank God.

I have been married 19 years.

I love to travel with just my girls. Last year we did a huge loop from Savannah Ga, to CoCo Beach Fl. to the Bahamas via Carnival and up thru Ga. to visit family.  My kids spend alot of vacation time in Ga , that's even where Liz was DX.

I work is sales service for Mattel/Fisher Price. Yes we are a Barbie house, no Bratz here.  I am able to work from my home and set my own schedule.

We have a Welsch Corgi named Rudy, who hates dogs.

My SIL is a scrapabook consultant and puts me to shame, she is a SAHM

mstina01
by Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Wow, this is tricky...I talk and live for my girls so I don't know anything about myself anymore--sad, but I will give it a try:
1. I was born in Augusta, Maine almost 42 yrs ago and now live in Winder, Georgia.
2. My favorite color is green, has been since kindergarten.
3. My dad died when I was 8, leaving my mom a single mom.
4. I have been married and divorced twice, my first husband was my high school sweetheart and we were married 14 yrs.
5. I am now a single mom myself.
6. I love scapbooking.
7. My best friend has been my best friend for 22 years.
8. I color my hair to cover the grey.
9. I work for the city police dept. but I am not an officer.

Okay....I think that covers it. :)
Tina: proud mom of Rachell (T1) 8 & Abree 18
mamabrandie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 12:33 PM
here are some things about me, in no particular order:

i am a biology & chemistry teacher but i've been home with kids for years.  i have subsitute taught for the last two years and actually like it. 

i have a great interest in breastfeeding and birth.  i lead breastfeeding support group meetings. 

i like to bake our bread with fresh ground wheat, but haven't done it in several months. 

my fav website is thepioneerwoman - if you haven't met her, go to her site right away.......she makes me laugh out loud.

i am a follower of Jesus.  He has changed me in ways i thought not possible.

i honestly have never cared one way or another about the mountains but i am falling in love them day by day!

i also have been an avid scrapbooker, but after the move two years ago i realized that i couldn't do it without my scrapbooking friends.  so now i am even farther behind......

it's been fun to hear more about you ladies and get to know you a bit better!!

Brandie              

wife to Karl, mom to Maddie (12, type 1) & Macie (9)

Scout-Mom
by Group Owner on Jun. 30, 2008 at 12:39 PM
Okay, I havn't replied to this yet because I was working or busy, so now i have a minute so here it goes.......

I am of course the mother of 2
But I am also
a big fan of karaoke
I love to cook
I volunteer with the BSA boy scouts of america

I am aslo of course a big Cafemom addict!
I've developed tons of friends on here!

I'm big inyto photography and photo editting!
I'll type more later the kids are calling again!
momof4131
by on Jun. 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM
This is great fun!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear from more of you mom's here!
bennysmama1009
by on Jun. 30, 2008 at 3:22 PM
wow!!!! this is HARD!!!!

i am a HUGE skiier. i love it and live for it. i taught ski school for 10 years...just to get a free lift ticket!! but i loved the kids, too : )

i am a closet dessert eater...i wasn't until ben was dxd!!!

i have a BA in hospitality and restaurant management and a minor in theatre and outdoor recreation. i was in college for 7 years...but i made it through!!

i went to military school by choice and loved it!!!!

my birthday falls on the exact middle day of the year...july 2...FYI : )

my dream car is a chevy tahoe...and i want one REAL bad!!

i have 2 brothers and 2 sisters...and my dad will tell you i'm his fave : )

i'm married to a chef and he ROCKS!!!

punkrockmomma30
by Member on Jun. 30, 2008 at 3:32 PM
1. I have an obsession with coloring my hair....no this is not my natural color! hehe

2. I act tough...but actually I am really super sensitive

3.I love my children fiercly....I would die to protect them.

4.I have this abnormal phobia of spiders, bees and wasps...but I like snakes even venomous ones!

5.I was with Darrell for 10 years and we had 4 children before we got hitched.

6.I can pick up just about anything with my toes!

7.I am terrified of loop rollercoasters but I would get on a loop rollercoaster before I will ride a ferris wheel!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN