Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay Moms!! We spend so much time discussing our wonderful children and how to make the best of a difficult situation that we are all facing and will continue to face for a VERY LONG time (notice I didn't say forever there, hoping for a cure sooner than that).

I thought it would be fun to take some time and focus on eachother by posting 7 random facts about ourselves in order for us to learn more about us momma's and not the kids.

Here are mine:

1) One of the first words that I could say as a baby was "olive" (they are my fav food!)

2) I am petrified of thunderstorms because when my oldest was an infant a tornado went through our backyard and destroyed everything. Luckily, it didn't hit the house because we were sleeping and had no idea.

3) I just graduated with a bachelor's degree in accounting last year at the ripe age of 34! It's never too late - I'm planning on continuing.

4) My husband and I dated for a short period in HS, but it was not a memorable time for either of us because we can't even remember how many dates we went on. We ran into one another 10 years later and within a short few minutes of talking I knew we would be married - and we were 8 months later.

5) I suffer from wanderlust and never go anywhere. When I am watching the travel channel I tell everyone in the room to quiet down because I "am on vacation" to where ever it is they are featuring on that program.

6) I spent 12 years waiting tables for a living and now suffer from carpal tunnel (is that spelled right?)

7)  My mind is never in idle. I am always twelve steps ahead - which is usually not a good thing because then I forget the step I'm currently on.

Care to share yourself with us?

Jeanne
by on Jun. 28, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Replies (71-73):
ZazaGoszzy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM

1. I am also a diabetic. I was diagnosed at the age of 2 years old on Aug 1, 1989, my Daddy's birthday.

2. I'm a daddy's girl and my mom is my best friend

3. I've recently re-dedicated my life to Jesus

4. I LOVE animals. I am thinking of going back to school to be a vet tech

5. I'm happily married to my first love Steven. It will be 3 years on May 23.

6. I have a fur daughter (chihuahua-jack russell mix) named Khloe and she is 2 years old. I also have a hampster named Raidan

7. I hate olives. They make me sick. The taste, the smell, the color, the texture... yuck! And what's worst is I have to work with them :-(

aschwarz06
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Fun post!! I'll be back when i have more.time to add mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
guttamommy66
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 7:12 AM
1. I love eating potato anything they are my favorite food :)

2. I am a Christian trying to get back closer to god.

3. I am in school on my way to becoming a nurse practitioner (maybe central studies in endocrinology)

4. My son has 8 different allergies so I am a busy mom of 2 kids with celiac disease and one has diabetes.

5. My mom is my best friend.

6. I love shoes!

7. I'm a home-body lol I barely go anywhere :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN