Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omnipod users

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

Has anyone tried the extended bolus feature.  We always ahve trouble with cheesy stuff like mac n cheese, mexican and pizza.  How do you ususally handle it?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
COLETTE1210
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM

hi, we use the extended bolus feature often. same problem with cheese especially pizza.  i have found that 3 hours after he eats for example pizza, his bs is high. what i do is give him 70% of the bolus at the time he eats and extend it for 3 hours that he then will get the other 30% of insulin. love this feature.  once you get the hand of it you will use it a lot.  my endo helped me figure out the correct % that worked best for different foods.

wendyms
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM

We love the extended bolus option also. We do 60/40 for pizza for 2 hrs. You will figure out what works best. Some additional info you may/may not know is when you use the extended bolus it will give the full correction plus the percentage of insulin you specify to cover carbs not just a percentage of the total bolus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)