Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Computers and Pumps

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

Sorry I went MIA earlier this week ladies, my laptop had to go byebye and my computer decided to crash and burn!

But despite all of that, I am back online, unfortunately I'm also on a hard drive that denys me the room to download Paint.net so I can make no siggys until I get a new laptop.

This may seem like no big deal to some people but I am fending to make a new sigg! :(

Anyway, great news on Eric's Pump it arrived yesturday, and I know I was suppose to wait on the rep to come to start him on it but I am also suppose to fax BGs every other week, and you all know how much of a go getter I am when it comes to my boys (if you don't know ask Mary or Kelly )

So I did the math myself fopr his Basal, and set up his pump last night. We did a very smooth tranition. We started it as soon as he was suppose to get his levemir shot.

I checked BGs all night and he's doing great! He loves his pump, and was so happy to not get any shots this morning. :)

I emailed the endo to let them know what I did, I'm sure one of the newer educators will read it first and think I'm jumping the gun or something, but the older educators and endo should be okay with it since the only real training I need to how to use the meter/ PDA with the PING since it's almost exactly like the 2020 without it. :)

Anyway I'm in a great mood and i hope you all are as well. I'm gonna go read some more info about the Meter and I'll check in with you ladies later! :)

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
08mpayne
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Yeah for you and your new pump!!!!  Well not really yours but.......

mdf9779
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 9:39 AM

What pump are you using?? Courtney has the mimi med paradigm and she loves it to. good luck, as it also has its pro's & cons. No more shots is great and more freedom for the kids.

Donna

AndiGirl527
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM

When we first got her new Ping I jumped right in as well....UNTIL I saw the meter and I was like...WHOA!

You go Scout Mom...you are pretty awesome!

The training was minimal and we LOVE her new pretty pink Ping!  One new feature I LOVE is the combo bolus where instead of 50/50 you can change it up...60/40!  YES!  Perfect for pancakes and pasta!

Only problem we've had is the software....just haven't had a chance to call Animas.

Take Care :)

Scout-Mom
by Group Owner on Feb. 7, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Eric has the Animas Ping

and I LOVE IT!

I just set up the remote/ PDA! And okay the Endo wasn't happy with me taht I started him without permission, and will probbaly grip at me later, but honestly to see eric smile when he didn't have to get shots it was worth it!

We probably saved a week worth of shots which to the endo isn't a big deal but to me that's 28 times taht I don't have to tell Eric I'm sorry for hurting him.

I love it!

thursday night Eric asked if it was time for his shot and bed yet, I said no silly boy you have a pump no shot tnight and he smiled from ear to ear! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)