Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention Twilight fans, or anyone who likes to read a good book!---Updated with a bit more info

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 335 Total Views

I am as you all know a huge fan of Twilight. I am als a huge fan of Fanfiction.

I have actually written a fanfiction story myself that has had many people reading it online.

So I was thinking that I could possibly write a fanfiction of Twilight with a twist, and I really need your permission/ support to do so.

I want to write a story were the vampire is a nick name one of the characters comes up with for the Cullen's after seeing they are constantly making themselves bleed.

Get were I'm going?

I want to write a story were the Vamps are all type 1 Diabetics.

Dr. Cullen moved to Forks because they are researching a potential cure, and the teens living with him are all volunteers for his research.

The story will not have a cure discovered, or even focus on that it will instead focus more on the darker side of things that our kids have had issues with, sterotypes, peer pressure, embarressment and so forth.

My goal for this story is to help bring awareness of this diesease to some people who otherwise would have never given it a second thought.

I already know the basic outline of how I want the story to go, and I am very excited tostart writing it as soon as possible.

I need your help/ permission because some of the issues the cullens will face in the story aer real issues I have experienced with my boys or read on here, and I would like to make sure no one will be upset about me using these stories.

Keep in mind no real names will be used only the situations and if anyone has any additional situations they think I might be able to use feel free to post them here.

I can use everything from the sad moments to the funnier ones for a bit of comic relief.

The characters will be OOC in my story so dont worry Edward wont be a creep stalker.

Anyway I hope I have all of your support.

Thanks~~Cella aka Scout-mom

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
08mpayne
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Use me...use me!!!

I think that is a great idea!!!

momof4131
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM

OMG, my step-daughter will FREAK OUT!!! Let us know when it's done - she's got me hooked on the Twilight series!

Satan71
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Twilight is my favorite!! I can't wait to read it.

MomofT1
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 11:05 AM

That's awesome, can't wait to read it.

faciee
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I LOVE Twilight!!  You are more than welcome to use my DS and I.  Just let us know when it is done  :)

heatherevantara
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I am hooked on the twilight books too!  Almost finished with the last one.  Twilight with a twist sounds like fun to me, count us in!  Kim

Scout-Mom
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:35 PM

WOW! I am sooo happy to know so many of you are supportive and interested in this~!

The story will be told from multiple POVs

And I could use some help with each characters background I want at least 1 character to have shots, the others will have pumps

All Vasmpire's in the series will be diabetics, and Bella will meet James during a baseball game, but the game will be at Diabetes Camp, I even have a small play on the whole snack line that I am hoping to work in.

Anyway  can use help with Deatils about each characters diagnosis, not all deatils will be included in the story but it will help define who they are.

Edward's diabetes will be hereditary, it developed when he was around 9-10 years old after he was hospitalized with the Flu. His Mother was also a diabetic, and as a result of the same illness lost her life. His father I havn't worked out the details yet but he will not be in the picture.
The heredity issues are previlant for Edward since it has him afraid of ever having his own children.

Edward will be the only teen actually adopted by the Cullens.

Edward will have a Animas Ping because I'm a fan of Animas and It of course will be silver!

Edward will also use NPH at one point durng the story while waiting for a replacment pump.

Alice Was diagnosed with both T1 and Celiac after birth. It is my explanation for her smaller size in the story, and because many children are diagnosed with both, because she has lived most of her life in hospitals (play on the twilight version) and has never known anything different (play on her not remembering her human life) she's the most accepting of the life her and the others have to deal with.

I am open to suggestions for Alice's Pump, color, and any other details such as meter.

Rose Will have an Omnipod that is her only detail I'm big on. I am thinking her diagnosis was later perhaps 14/15 (suggestions?) I also want to keep the twilight issue she has of knowing she'll never have children, would it be completly off base if I went with a backstory of Rose having tried a potential "cure" that resulted in leaving her barren, and a bit bitter?
I could use some honest opinions here so please let me know the truth.

If ya'll think it's not completely a stretch then I am thinking the doctor that came up with the experimental "cure" will be Royce

I need a good explination for Jasper's scars I have thought of several reasons, but none have really stuck out enough to be the reason.

Jasper's background diagnosis and supplies are up for grabs so anyone wanting to have a bit of their child's story is more than welcome to call dibs.

Emmett 's Background and supplies like Jasper's are up for Dibs I am debating about him being the one without a pump since I can see him as being too rough for one, and opting for shots instead. I'm thinking Lantus since it's the most universal of the long actings.

Carlise's diagnosis I would like to believe was early enough for him to be accepting but old enough for him to remember life before his dxd (any suggestions) Carlise of course is decating his life to finding a cure, and I am thinking a minimed for carlise because of the CGM but I'm not positive. I don't know alot about it so would need some deatils.

Esme's diagnosis I want to have had happen after her miscarriage, perhaps she got sick and triggered both? If anyone has any suggestions here I am open.

I know this may seem silly that despite already knowing how I want the story line I need help with their backgrounds, but it does help make the characters a bit more realistic!

I do know that strips will be found (to lighten the darker aspect of the story) in various places including the floor of the volvo (and it wont be a onetouch so edward will get annoyed) and in at least one of the girl's bras!

I will have Emmett pick on Edward at one point asking if he's high, but the story will focus on the fact that the cullen's feel they cant share the details of their diabetes with the other students in forks due to past experiences, and the wars of this story will be more on an individual basis than as a group.

Anyway I'm blabering please let me know if you all have any suggestions or wants to call dibs on giving the characters a bit of background info.

Also I need the name of a diabetse camp in washington or close by as well as some extra charcters with basic details for Bella to meet at camp for example because I cant resist.

Eric will be attending camp for the first time, at the age of 6.
He will have the same pump as Edward (which he will point out) except a different color.

Technically he's just a character, but then again Micheal and Eric each made an appearance in my last Fanfic but as teen twins. ;)

Scout-Mom
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:39 PM

One more question ladies!

When Bella talks to Edward about his diabetes she's gonna ask alot of questions that he's going to snub off or laugh at (like in the book) replying they are stereotypes of fiction. If there are any specific questions you all want to see her ask let me know.

08mpayne
by Group Admin on Feb. 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM

How about Bella going to camp for friends week with one of them?

She could ask Edward if he got diabetes because he ate too many donuts....rofl!

You could have them introduce themselves to Bella like the old geezer in the diabetes commercial:  My name is Edward and i have diabetus.  I check my sugar and I check it often.

Sorry, Im on a roll, laughing so hard I am crying.  My family thinks I am nuts!

Ohhh.....include the Jonas Brothers......the song A Little Bit Longer could be Bella's lullaby!!

Katie is geeked and can't wait to read it!

wendyms
by Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I probably should not have checked this post. I feel myself being sucked into something I don't have time for! Good luck with the story! Sounds like you don't need it though! I can contribute details for your OmniPod user in the story.

Wendy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)