• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you apply Mastisol?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 619 Total Views

This summer I decided to give Mastisol a try after having problems with pods sticking due to humidity and swimming in pools. It works great! My only problem is that it comes in a bottle not the convenient wipes like IV prep so it makes more of a mess. There was no insert telling me how to apply so I have been using Qtips. Does anyone else have a better alternative? And how do you keep the darn bottle from becoming a mess? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Wendy

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
belladonna873
by Member on Jul. 30, 2009 at 4:08 PM

We use Q-tips also.  I just stick the end of the Q-tip to the spray nozzle and squirt it on.  We then just put it on the area where the infusion set will stick.  Our first time to use it I just sprayed it directly on her.  We like to never got her undies off.  It was pretty funny. 

As far as keeping it from becoming messy, if the spayer becomes clogged, I just run it under hot water until it clears.  That has worked for any part of the bottle that it's dripped on. 

Randi

wendyms
by Member on Aug. 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM

We don't have the kind that sprays. It is liquid with a flip top that gets all nasty. Thanks for the tip anyways. At least I know I am not making things harder than they need to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)