Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yet another diabetic seizure

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:26 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 323 Total Views

I can not believe it happened yet again Rudy woke up with it again( another seizure) now this time I was by myself with the kids. I had to use both of my sons glucagon kits to try to pull him out. After that didn't work as I had wished, he only come to for a little bit and then started to relapse every min or so. I called 911 and I still gave him sugar and juice to help out. It took about 10-15 min for the ambulance to show up and by that time he was only at 107. In the mist of the hole thing I forgot about my other child being diabetic and had my husband check him when he got home. My oldest seen the hole thing happen and he got a little freaked out about it. I guess that's normal for a child to watch and then freak out. I didn't know that I would stay this calm this time around. The only thing I did not do was check to see how low he actually was I just reacted. My youngest started to have one about 1 1/2 weeks ago and I caught that one before it was full blown. now I just feel like I am doing something wrong and I am slipping into depression all over again. I just can't seem to grasp this whole thing yet. the only question I keep asking is why why why?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mum2awelshbaby
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I am so sorry about your son's seizure. I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like. I'm very new to this whole thing. I pray that I never have to experience something like that. Just remember that you're stronger than you think. My friends have always told me that I never believed it myself until now. And to answer your question: "Why?" Because we can handle it. "God doesn't give you more than you can handle."

Hang in there *hugs*

Marie

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
mamabrandie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2009 at 3:15 PM

have you talked with the doctor?  ours has asked us to call each and every time glucagon is necessary (which we haven't had to do yet)......hopefully they can help you adjust and/or figure out if there was a mistake with insulin dosing. 

flavixen14
by Member on Aug. 16, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I have spoken with the office about this situation with my son. I had not given him his shot yet that morning. Now his numbers are out of whack again. I have another Endo appointment this week I think it is on Thursday.

Quoting mamabrandie:

have you talked with the doctor?  ours has asked us to call each and every time glucagon is necessary (which we haven't had to do yet)......hopefully they can help you adjust and/or figure out if there was a mistake with insulin dosing. 

Scout-Mom
by Group Owner on Aug. 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I am so sorry. :(

I hope your appointment went well.

Raising Bella is my Twifanfiction story & is up for a Twi-Fi Award!

BensKickAssMom
by Group Admin on Aug. 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM

keep up the amazing job. your kids are lucky to have you...

things will calm down again soon...and to whoever said it early...they are right, God wouldn't hand us things if we couldn't handle them.

bless...kelly and benny :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)