Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thin blood

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

husband and I have noticed that there are times when my daughters blood is thick then other times it runs like water shoudl I  be concerned or is this normal.

Are you a parent who wants to find something educational for your child to do on weekends or on summer break. Do you have a child who likes the internets. well heres a one stop place for you. My group has all the good sites that are kid friendly from games,to coloring pages,to educational sites and even helpful sites for the parent. So come on over.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/kidsites

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamabrandie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM

if her finger is at all wet it could affect the consistency of the blood.  at any rate, it's a good question for the endo.

thisbattymom
by Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 1:40 AM

I've been wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking.

soccerchik8287
by on Oct. 2, 2009 at 12:47 AM

One thing it could be is how much liquid she is getting. When you are dehydrated your blood is a lot thicker. When you are exercising and getting your blood flowing, it usually comes out quicker and looks thinner

redhotmommy
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I've noticed that when Gavin's blood sugar is high, his blood is thinner. Of course, I assume that's from when it's higher, he's drinking more, so that's probably why.

We are participating in our 1st ever Juvenile Diabetes Research Fundation Walk for a Cure, check out our page! Help find a cure for my little Gavin!
http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmID=87530632

Jadegirl1819
by Member on Oct. 8, 2009 at 7:04 AM

It's normal.  My sons is thinner when low and thicker when high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)