Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you cat come to "own" you?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

All o5 of my cats are rescues,they were each born to ferals that live on my property ( that are now all fixed) Nemo and Princess are brother and sister and Itty Bitty,Trouble and Mischeif are all brothers and sister.Every cat I have ever had has been a rescue.So how did you come to be "owned" by your cats??

Photobucket
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
katsdove
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM

All 11 of my cats are rescues !! I re-home as many as possible - so the number fluctuates. Only one cat in this house is one 1 brought home on purpose ... he was rescued from a shelter - he only has 3 usable legs - but I had wanted a long haired red male cat for at least 10 years and I refused to "look" for one - Chester was going to be put to sleep by the shelter if they couldn't find a home for him soon - they had brought him in to the animal hospital I worked for looking for help. Everyone else either showed up on my door step - or I found in the strangest of places while out (found 3 kittens locked in the equipment shed on my sons football field - it was in an isolated area that was surronded by state park) I also found 2 kittens wandering around the woods in upstate NY (well actually the dog found them) I own the land that they were on (105 acres on the top of a mountain with nothing there but trees and overgrown fields ! ) so we brought them home. The last cat I added is a now 9ish feral cat - she has been with us for about a year and I hope to be able to pet her soon !! She is trusting us very slowly - she's quite the character and has a really cool personality ! she talks to me all the time - following me around. Her "home" was being bulldozed for new McMansions - and the contractor was poisoning all the ferals that were in the area - so the people who were feeding her and re-homing her kittens trapped her but couldn't keep her - she was supposed to be a foster that would be placed elsewhere but she's still here !!

1organicmom
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM

My oldest kitty- DiDi, who will be 14 this year came to us as a 12 wk old kitten, from my mothers friend... her children were allergic..... Shade my 12 yr old we adopted 3 mths after we lost our boy kitty to leukemia, she was 3 months old when we adopted her.... Ivan, my 11 year old, while I was volunteering at the SPCA, he was in the back of his cage, breathing from his mouth because his upper resp. was so bad... they told me I could have him if I wanted him because they would be putting him down soon-- I couldn't resist and he has been the sweetest thing ever..... fast forward to this past July, where Mama Kitty had her kittens under my bush, she now stays in most of the time and is slowly trusting us... I found homes for 4 of her kittens, but 2 stayed with us, which is fine, I'm in love with them..... I have a feral boy kitty that shows up almost everyday at my back door wanting food..... I'm hoping someday I'll get close enough to pet him ... trap him and have him neutered..... I call him Leo.... I just love my babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)