Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

indoors or out doors?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

Are your cats indoor cats or outdoor cats? and why ( or why not ) Mine are all indoor only!!Even though I live in the middle of no where with hardly any neighbors and no roads!We do have tons of ferals and other wild life!not to mention I would be worried sick if they were out roaming,I would always be worrying they would be killed or run away.So are your cats indoor or out door....or both? and why?

Photobucket
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Scoutmamaof4
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Our seven cats are indoor/outdoor.  We live WAY out in the woods with no roads nearby.  There are feral animals and coyotes, etc, but we've never had an issue with that.  All the cats we've had previously have lived well into their teens, so we feel that they are healthy this way.

If I lived in the city or anywhere near a road, I would keep them in all the time.  It's so nice not to have to worry about letting cats in and out at all hours of the night, since we have a cat door.  They even have an outside cat door on my bedroom so they can come in to my room during the night and I don't have to get up.

katsdove
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Of the 11 cats I have - 3 of them are indoor/outdoor - and that is only because they never adjusted to an all indoor life. Two of them "came with the house" when we moved and 1 I found as a young kitten in the woods upstate NY. Now on the flip side since we've had some kind of snow on the ground since October - and the past month has been bitter cold - only 1 of those cats insisits on going out on a regular basis - he seems to like the snow but not the cold (or wind - he hates wind !) The other 2 usually don't even ask to go out. Now if it were possible I would gladly let them all in/out - I live in a relatively rural area - but the road that is closest is used as a cut through and people speed down it and many of my cats show no interest of going outside. We also have the coyotes (they have been known to attack cats) and all sorts of wildlife - that would make use of that cat door !! the bears also have been known to rip off doors where there is any kind of access. We had a bear try to come through our screen door to our back porch - mind you it is not at ground level but up a steep set of stairs !! our dogs chased him away thankfully.

1organicmom
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM

My three seniors are and have always been indoors... with leash time in the spring and summer..... my mama kitty used to be outside, but I tell ya, she has really taken to the indoor life!  She goes out every couple days or so for about a half hour.... except this past time she was gone a full 24 hrs!  Talk about worried!  Her babies, Lita and Harry go out.... Lita loves outside and only comes in for naps and nighttime..... Harry is a little wussy baby and only goes out for half hour at a time.... except for maybe at night with his sister.... I do live near a fairly busy road, but they stay away from it... !  I guess mama kitty taught them! 

sam_h123
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Hi We have 2 cats 1 he is outdoors he never adjusted to live inside.  He eats the snakes and mice that we have.  and the other one is a Kitten he is indoors.  His breed likes indoors only.  He is a Russian Blue

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)