Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! Tantrumenace

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:28 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Okay First off I want to brag a short moment before i go into what happened within 15 mintues afterwards...

I have been trying vary hard to potty train my daughter and it had been going smoothly for the most part except we could get her going poopy in the potty down.. Well tonight she went poopy in the potty all by herself and I am so proud of her for that!

But to get to what my subject is about.

My daughter Emyrald absolutly loves the Batman movie from the 60s.  We offten borrow it from my boyfriends dad so Emyrald can watch it.  Well after the movie ended i give her the option to watch it again or watch something differnt. She wanted to watch Word World and I said okay and began to put it in her DVD Player instead.  In the process of switching the movies she changed her mind and watched to watch Batman.

Okay so i changed the movies back to Batman and got it started going again.  Well just as the movie started she suddenly wanted to watch Word World again.  I told her no and that she needed to watch Batman first.  Well she began to throw a fit so i quietly walked out of her room and shut the door enough i could see her through a small crack but she couldnt see me.  She procceded to throw her fit and grabbed her bowl of cearel with her feet and dropped it sending cearel everywhere.

At this point i walked back into the room, Swatted her butt twice and placed her in her bed covering her up telling her if she wants to throw a fit like that she can go to bed early.

I got her laid down, mind you shes still scream at the top of her lungs and crying, and walked out of her room closing the door.  For the next 10 mintues after i walk out of her room she continues to scream and cry.  I dont know if any other moms have been through anything like this but the only thing that went through my head as all this is happening is 'omg she is just like me..'

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MissInnocent
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:29 AM

LOL~  that's funny!  Now I know some moms are not for swatting, spanking and I can appreciate that.  But I swatted their bottoms or slapped their hands, and said "no no" as I felt needed.  So, my first reaction, personally- is to say "wow- good for you!  I never had a problem w/ my kids throwing tantrums, more than a couple times.  I don't know if it's personality, or my parenting, or both. But I am just glad for that.   I'm way behind on the shows. I don't know what world world is. LOL~  But likely as entertaining as Barney was to my two in their toddler years.   Well, I was laughing, at her changing her mind.  Her tantrum must of been toddler-talk for "but I have the right to change my  mind!" "I'm a girl!"  LOL~   

Yes, sometimes, my daughter, even at her age now, will pout.  And it makes me so mad, and gets her nowhere, mind you. But I have to laugh, and think she's so like me!  LOL~

Kristine1812
by Group Owner on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM

O yea, I think we all have been through our fair share of temper tantrums, lol.  But I think you handled very well.  She wants to see how far she can push you.  And that first time you give in she will think, "hmmm if I cry enough, she will give me what I want!!!"  So good for you Mama for not giving in!!!

Kristine, Group Owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)