Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scented oils

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 375 Total Views

I am looking for an oil that I can burn in the house to make it smell nice. I have something where you put oil in the top and light a candle on the bottom where it heats the oil and the scent fills the room. I got some oils from the dollar store so I am sure that are natural. Where can I get some?

Raven Rose

Blessed Be

Go to fullsize image

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
IndigoMama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:11 PM
You can go to your local health food store. Just look at the ingredients. If they are pure they usually say so on the label. I order mine from NOW.
evasmamma
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:14 PM
I have the same kind of oil defuser as you do. I add lavender, pepermint and eucalyptus to it and it makes my home smell so nice and fresh. I use different brands of oils, but I always make sure they are 100% PURE. I pay more to get better quality =)

And if we can accept that a mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? ~Mother Teresa

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley

essentialoils
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:27 PM
Just an FYI...when you burn an oil or heat it to make the room smell good..you are actually poisoning yourself. It turns the oil into a chemical that you shouldnt be breathing. A safer more effective way of getting the smell into the air is by using a cold diffuser. This pushes air through the oil and splits it into tiny molecules that are beneficial to you.

Research shows that cold-air diffusing certain oils may:

• Reduce bacteria, fungus, mold, and unpleasant odors.
  • Promote relaxation, relieve tension, and clear the mind.
  • Help in weight management.
  • Improve concentration, alertness, and mental clarity.

As you all know, I am a Young Living Distributor, which has them but you can also get them at www.abundanthealth4u.com I think they run about $30 there.

We use a blend called Thieves in ours. Its anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti- everything that you get sick from. Its great during winter when anyone and everyone is fighting that horrible FLU bug!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)