Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CIEE- Full scholarship program: Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for American Students!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

~~~Please forward this message to high school students that would like to travel and study abroad.~~~~

Do you know any high school students who want to study abroad in Germany? Do you think a full scholarship would make more students interested?

Note from KY Homeschool mom: My daughter, Kelsey, participated in this program last year and not only did she learn to speak German fluently, she also had a great public school experience before she headed to University this year.  I have also hosted German students that have won this scholarship.  It is a worthwhile program that I want to continue to promote because I have younger children that I would like to participate.   

In March 2010, CIEE will select 50 students from the Southeast US to participate in the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange program (CBYX), a fully-funded high school exchange program between the US and Germany.  If you are interested in helping spread the word, contact CB@ciee.org to request brochures and posters for your schools, churches and libraries! 

Congress-Bundestag at a Glance: 

·         Each year, the U.S. Congress and the German Bundestag (Parliament) sponsor 250 American high school students to live and study in Germany for one year  

·         The program aims to foster cultural understanding and diplomacy, while promoting the German and English languages

·         CBYX scholars are considered youth ambassadors of the United States and expected to learn more about the US and German political systems

·         The program covers round trip airfare to Germany, costs associated with host family stay and high school enrollment, health and accident insurance, local supervision and support

·         Pre-departure orientation in Washington DC, a three-week German language instruction and cultural immersion camp near Frankfurt, and mid-year and end-year meetings in Bonn and Berlin are also included 

Students can start their online application anytime at www.usagermanyscholarship.org by clicking on "How to Apply." Then select your state.  The deadline to submit applications is December 18, 2009

If you have any questions or concerns about the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange program, contact cb@ciee.org or 1-800-448-9944 for more information. Thank you so much for your support! 

Best wishes,

Angela Manetta
Central Regional Director - USA High School
CIEE International Work & Study Programs

4503 Dove Park Blvd.
Louisville, KY 40299
Tel  502.384.2433

Fax 502.384.8299   ciee@insightbb.com 

Visit our website at   www.ciee.org/hs/host/ 

Or if you would like to contact CIEE directly in Portland:

Neisha McGuckin

Senior Grant Programs Coordinator

CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange

1-800-448-9944 ext. 4118

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)