Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandmother

Posted by on May. 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 615 Total Views

Well things just keep getting complicated. My grandmother really liked my bf before she found out I was pregnant well that has just recently changed.  Anytime she is around my bf shes rude to him and is constantly interigating him. Well yesterday she let me know that she had been investigating him. She has pulled things up in his past that I  already knew about and was tell me that if i stayed with him she would take my baby and if i did stay with him i was a bad parent. See me and my bf have known each other since we were five and we have no secrets from each other. He told me about what happened a few years ago and he regrets it and knows that its a mistake, hes learned from it. Im just so anger with her right now and i just don't know what to do. She is my main stress right now but I'm staying away from her now because everyone is telling me I need to relax and when shes around aggrivating me I just want to run from the room crying or screaming or sometimes both.

by on May. 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cindy_T
by Member on May. 27, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Its hard to change peoples minds about how they feel about someone. As long as you know these things from his past and have no problems with it,  its her problem not yours.  Don't burn any bridges with you grand mother but tell her how you feel.  Let her know she is pushing you away.. She can threaten to take your baby, but the state has to have cause of YOU being negletful or abusive to take it from you.  Good luck.

Vivian0331
by New Member on May. 31, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Thanks for you advice. Things still haven't gotten better and i fear they may not. I have tried to work it out with her but she refuses to hear me out, She has gotten to the point that she came to my home yelling at me and I asked her to leave when she refused I shut the door in her face. I will not let her stress me anymore this isn't healthy for me or my baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)