Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Louisville!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

Hi all! My name is Genevieve (jen-uh-veev) aka Genna and I'm 25, nearly 26. My husband and I moved to Louisville in March with our three boys- Major 6, Jake 2, and Leo 8mos. We don't know anyone but our crazy neighbors. I'm really hoping to meet some other moms in the area because I desperately need conversation that doesn't include an argument with a two year old! I'm a stay at home mom. I'm a total book freak... love to read. I can't possibly survive on less than a pot of coffee a day. Oh, and I totally decided the laundry could wait til tomorrow because I'd rather surf the net. I think that about covers it! Can't wait to meet everyone,

Genna

by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alyssa1
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Hi I'm Heather I am 27 and a stay at home mom of 2.Noah is 2 and Alyssa is 7.We live in Scottsville Ky about 2 and 1/2 hours from Louisville.send me a friend request if you want.

Bboysmommy11
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Hi Genna!! My name is Nicole...I don't currently live in Louisville but we will be moving there in October this year for my DHs work. We visited a few weeks ago and did some apartment shopping and can't wait to move. We currently live in Arizona. I am a working mom (until we move) of 2, Brandon, 6, and Sydney, 2. What area did you move to?
MajorsMom8215
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Awesome! I'm in the Portland area now but we're looking to move to a better neighborhood ... maybe near Iroqois Park. We took the first place we could get into lol. By October my boys will be 7, 3, and 1 (geez I feel old lol) but they'd be thrilled to have friends near their own ages. Where are y'all moving to?

Quoting Bboysmommy11:

Hi Genna!! My name is Nicole...I don't currently live in Louisville but we will be moving there in October this year for my DHs work. We visited a few weeks ago and did some apartment shopping and can't wait to move. We currently live in Arizona. I am a working mom (until we move) of 2, Brandon, 6, and Sydney, 2. What area did you move to?

Bboysmommy11
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM
We are looking into the rolling hills area. Or hurstbourne/Jeffersontown area. We are only going to rent an apartment until we decide where we want to purchase. My dd will be 3 on October 16th and ds will be 7 in January. I know what you mean about feeling old lol. Kids do that to ya. Where is Iroquois park compared to rolling hills? I'm still not too familiar with all the neighborhoods lol

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

Awesome! I'm in the Portland area now but we're looking to move to a better neighborhood ... maybe near Iroqois Park. We took the first place we could get into lol. By October my boys will be 7, 3, and 1 (geez I feel old lol) but they'd be thrilled to have friends near their own ages. Where are y'all moving to?

Quoting Bboysmommy11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMom8215
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Hell if I know lol ... I'm new enough I don't know my way around and haven't heard of rolling hills... Iroqois Park is the south end of Lou and Portland is kind of NW but everyone says WLou (except the ppl who live here.. they insist it's just Portland) lol... it's a mess ...

Quoting Bboysmommy11:

We are looking into the rolling hills area. Or hurstbourne/Jeffersontown area. We are only going to rent an apartment until we decide where we want to purchase. My dd will be 3 on October 16th and ds will be 7 in January. I know what you mean about feeling old lol. Kids do that to ya. Where is Iroquois park compared to rolling hills? I'm still not too familiar with all the neighborhoods lol

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

Quoting Bboysmommy11:

Bboysmommy11
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Lol I know it is kind of confusing the way there are neighborhoods within th city. Rolling hills in on the easy side of Louisville more north east from what I see on the map. Louisville really it's that big so nothing is really far for each other. So much different than Phoenix. I really cant wait to move tho!! I've never lived outside of Arizona and want to experience it. What made you guys move to Louisville?

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

Hell if I know lol ... I'm new enough I don't know my way around and haven't heard of rolling hills... Iroqois Park is the south end of Lou and Portland is kind of NW but everyone says WLou (except the ppl who live here.. they insist it's just Portland) lol... it's a mess ...

Quoting Bboysmommy11:

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

Quoting Bboysmommy11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMom8215
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM

The job scene. Everywhere we've lived it's been crap for jobs.. here they hand em out like candy... love it! It actually turned out to be a great pick, though... I really feel at home here.. I never thought I'd feel like that anywhere but Texas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN