Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unequally yoked?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2010 at 3:41 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

sorry if my spelling is off. 

Hello everyone, I'm going to tell you a little about my husband and I. While we both grew up going to church, neither one of us were practicing Christians when we began dating. We have been together for 7 years now and married for 3 this coming May.

I dedicated my life to Christ a little more than a year ago, my husband has not. With the exception of an occasional joshing of Christians, he doesn't mind or bother me about my being a Christian. In fact, he believes that Jesus is the Messiah, he just doesn't adhere to 'walking the walk'.

I wanted to know if there are any of you in this group that share my story. Are you married to someone of a different faith? or someone who isn't saved? Do you find it challenging at times? I know I do.

I don't enjoy the teasing, however light it might be. He tells me that I don't need to talk about God 'ALL THE TIME', as he puts it, but I love to talk about Jesus.

Another thing, we live with his family right now, due to this economy, and they say that they are Christians, but, I know how judgmental this looks, but they don't show the fruits. To say the least, it makes it even harder for me to be here. I'm still in love with God, read my Bible, and stay on my path, but the passage about being the sheep among the wolves comes to my mind ALOT.

So, any of you ladies know what I'm going through? They don't affect my faith, but my home isn't exactly welcoming of my new life. Does that make sense?

thanks for reading my midnight ramble, and God Bless you all!

by on Apr. 24, 2010 at 3:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Precious333
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 1:09 AM

I am in a similar situation. I married my husband who is not a Christian, infact an athiest. I was, but obviously I was not trusting God for my happiness and leadership. We have been married now for 7 years I think lol, and we struggle. Not only is he not a Christain but he does not believe in God but he is very outspoken about his lack of faith in God, he does not like that I teach the children who God is and tak ethem to church. He parents and brother are Christians, but imo pretty new Christians and sometimes I get frustrated with them, especially since they are witnesses to my husband. 

BUT..... God is faithful and good. Just keep loving your husband, respecting his role in the family and pray continuously. God has a plan for your husband, just trust in Him and the Holy spirit to give you wisdom and guidance!

mollymc
by Group Admin on Apr. 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I will be praying for you!!  Be encouraged!  God knows your heart, He knows your family's hearts and He knows your husband's heart.  While my husband is a believer, I have heard many wives stories of constant prayer and their husbands' salvation!  It will happen in God's time.  If you are frustrated, vent it to Him!!  Much Love!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)