Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hydrocortizone cream?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

i have heard of some people putting 1% hydrocortizone on their baby's eczema. my father in law, who is a nurse, told me that a lot of people are allergic and for me not to try it... but Hayden is getting way worse. his pediatricians won't prescribe anything because they are all homeopathic, which is cool for some people but i hate that my son has to suffer. any comments on the hydrocortizone? should i try it anyway?

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
neemeeneemee
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:23 PM
please, anyone...

ssheffey27
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:45 PM
My ped advised me to put hydrocortisone on the eczema patches on her face, neck, eyebrows, behind ears, underarms but not her diaper area. He told me to use A & D there. I saw improvement in the first 3 days, but it seems to have flared up again. I say give it a try, but use sparingly.
KristenNP
by on Aug. 11, 2007 at 11:08 AM
I was told not to use it...  And if I did, very little, and only for a day or so...  Which never helped...  Good Luck.

I just did a post called "I found a solution"  Let me know if you want more info...

Kristen

tunnelOFlove
by on Aug. 12, 2007 at 9:15 PM
My dd's doctor prescribed that for her. She has a stronger prescription for the rest of her body, but for her face I was told (by her pedi. and and er doctor) to use hydrocortozon. You're supposed to use mineral oil, aquaphor, or vaseline along with it (ie: I put lotion all over my dd even her face, and then when she has breakout areas I put the hydrocortozone on her face where she needs it).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)