Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

I am on a mission to become a better person... I have started this journey by taking a look at myself to find the things that I not only want but need to change. One of my major problems is that I am wayyyy to judgemental of others. I am constantly looking at certain people and picking them apart. For Example, If a girl is wearing something too revealing I am the first to take notice and to comment about it or if someone says or does something I dont agree with I  will go on and on about how I feel about  it. If someones acting loud , rude, dressing sloppy or basically doing anything I find to be distasteful I am the first to judge... Why do I do this? And how can I stop?

I care too much about what others think? Funny that I feel this way when I am the biggest critic there is . Could these two things go hand in hand? Could I be my own worst enemy? Do i subconsiously assume people are judging me because I am most likely judging them. And how do u end this viscious cycle? Anyone ?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM

yeah, you are onto something.  when you are happier with your life and your own self image then you will stop comparing yourself to others. that is basically what you are doing.  if you can convince yourself and others how much lower ranking another person is than you then it makes you feel better about yourself. the same can be said about getting others to look up to you for your insight and wisdom about an are craving praise and validation. this is a self esteem issue.   but you can change that. give youself praise. and use positive self affirmations - that means telling yourself how wonderful you are. look for the good in yourself and you will find that you start looking for the good in others. be kind to yourself and you will start being kind to others, and so on. like i tell my own kids, "everyone is special in their own way, but no one person is more important than another."   you are okay, mama.  you know?  you are allowed to be imperfect and the sweetness of it is, we can all appreciate each other's struggles and flaws b/c we all have them. it is something to share with the rest of humankind. you will find yourself forming bonds with people when you do this. and good relationships make for a wonderul life!

by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 4:11 PM

My advice:  Think of 100 things you are happy, grateful and like about yourself, your life..YOU!!! Write them down..Look at them every morning, think about it...In a week do it again,write 100 things about YOU that make you  happy, grateful and love yourself for..Read it every morning.. You will change your attitude.. You will change who you thought you were..Good Luck! Enjoy the journey!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Have you read the New Earth? Great book. I also invite you to check out my blog on the LOA bellow. Creat a Bigger better life now!

by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2008 at 2:33 AM

I couldn't agree more with Gra and Mara.

It definitely is about Self-Love and Acceptance. It's okay not to be perfect as long as we're growing each and every day. Both Gra and Mara make an excellent's important to use positive affirmations to boost our self-esteem. Doing so, will change your perspective about yourself and in turn will change how you see others.

You can start off slow. There's never a rush to self-discovery. Begin by thinking about What Makes YOU Happy.    Not your children, your husband or the dog. I'm talking more about the moments or things that bring happiness to you that are uniquely your own. You can click on the link to read more details.

Then, you want to name 5 things you love about YOU!! I'm sure you've got plenty more, but just start off with 5. I'll be posting something seperate to explain why this is important. It will be titled "What is True Love?"  

You're definitely in the right place to start your journey. We're so happy to be there with you every step of the way.

Many Blessings....Roxanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)