Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not coming across as I wish to

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

I have been working backwards towards accomplishing my dream.  I am trying to rush the end before I begin on the right path to my desitination.  I thank everyone who told me the truth, because I will listen and change my ways. 

I had this experience last night, and I was drawn to this post.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/46763/boards/read/3683065/Achievers_are_believers_they_believe_in_themselves_and_in_life

As I began to read, I realized my great mistake.  I saw that I am not coming across as I wish to.  

I want to start over, and introduce myself as the real person  I am truly.   I am a loving, caring, peaceful, playful person and I need friends to talk to.  It does not matter who I was in the past, or what I did.  All that matters is the future, and what I am going to do to accomplish my goals.   I was shown that I am going in the wrong direction, and I am here to be shown the way back.

When I read number fourteen I was convicted in my spirit, and I was ashamed of myself!  

14. Listen to others, really listen, instead of thinking
what you are going to say next

Think how can I best help the next person.  "You get what you want, by helping other people get what they want."

I know that I have a complex, and the rapid thoughts I experience are not clear to others when I try to throw it all out there for you to decipher.  I need to slow down, and try harder befriending instead of offending. 

I have been throwing post after post at you all, and I am not taking the time to really listen to what is being said.  I am truly sorry!  I just could not wait, and all I was thinking of is what can I say next to make my point................LOL  No wonder I have been stuck in the same position for so long.  It is time for me to reinvent myself, and become a new person. 

Let me introduce myself, my name is Tonisha.  I am a thirty year old mother, struggling to stay married with five boys 11, 9, 4, 22 months, and 5 months old.  I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana and work at the local college library as a Administator Coordinator (I pay the bills LOL).  I love to tell stories, and I dream to oneday be an Author.   I love to help people, and my dream in life is to start many outreach missions to help those in need.

I am grateful to cafemoms, for allowing me the opportunity to meet people that can point me in the right direction so I can grow into the woman I am called to be.   I love you all, and I am glad to have a chance to get to know you!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyWisdom
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2008 at 2:47 AM

Hi Tonisha!!

I'm so happy that you're here. And I look forward to seeing you grow into the woman you were called to be. 

Many Blessings....Roxanne

purplemara3
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:05 AM

Tonisha (beautiful name)

I am so glad you are getting where and what you want in life. It sounds like you have a full family. It does get easier as they get older. The marriage part, that is hard, I know I have had many ups and downs with my own, but each time we work it out and try to listen to each other and get back on track..I also am the worker in the family, I don't understand why so many men are not driven...
I wish you luck on your journey and hope we will hear from you and let us know what is going on!!

Mara

Godstar
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Thank you, I am happy to find this group!

SallyFrogg
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Welcome to our group.  Blessed Be.  Here you will find positive reinforcements for helping you on your chosen path.  I am glad you chose to walk with us.  I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessed Be.       hugs

Sally pink ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)