Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

friendship????

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

Good morning all!!! I am in a quandry right now. I love, love, love people and helping others.I feel I am a great friend and treat others the way I want to be treated...I had a friend from out of town visiting, we took both families away for 2 days, 1 night..we had (in my opinion) the greatest time, we laughed, reminisced, etc... we came back home, her family stayed in a hotel( hubby allergic to my cat) she offered to take my girls to mall for New Years outfits and then we would meet at pool. I worked than got there at 2 with lunch for all.. By 3:30 my kids were ready to leave to get ready for their party.. We took their son with us and were getting ready and realized we needed an ingredient and asked them to pick up on way to my house.   Here is the wierd part...she called me back yelling at me that my children are brats, she was picking her son up and going back to NY...I am still reeling from this..

So ladies as I usually write about friendships, at this moment I really feel like I want to be a hermit this year..I want to grow my business, be with my children and lose 40lbs...

Has anyone ever felt this way?  Does anyone have any suggestions for me??

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
djmommy2
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Hmmmmm..... interesting yet hurtful. Well, seems she just wrote herself out of your life! What I mean is, if you all are such good friends first of all she wouldn't want to hurt you. She would tell you her feelings on your kids in a much better way. And she wouldn't have just left to go back home like that. Seems weird to me too. Try to let it go and focus on you, your family and your 2009 goals. Forgive her, especially because you don't need to bear resentment but I wouldn't chase her down for an explanation either... So sorry to hear this.

purplemara3
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:34 PM

thank you.. I am trying real hard to let go...it is mystifying!! Happy new years to you

Quoting djmommy2:

Hmmmmm..... interesting yet hurtful. Well, seems she just wrote herself out of your life! What I mean is, if you all are such good friends first of all she wouldn't want to hurt you. She would tell you her feelings on your kids in a much better way. And she wouldn't have just left to go back home like that. Seems weird to me too. Try to let it go and focus on you, your family and your 2009 goals. Forgive her, especially because you don't need to bear resentment but I wouldn't chase her down for an explanation either... So sorry to hear this.

Sally
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 7:29 AM

I think that for your own peace of mind I think that you need to let things settle down and then contact her.  Find out what provoked this outburst.  I know it is hurtful and this may very well be the end of your friendship but after such a great visit what caused this to happen. 

Stick to your New Year's Resolutions.  Your a great person and you deserve the best this year has to offer.

Sally

SallyFrogg
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Hello:

Sounds like something else is going on in your friends life, and she took it out on you (like kick the cat syndrome).  I hope you will take a deep breath, and think things through.  Pray for some guidance and then contact your friend.

Continue to grow your business,spend time with your children, loose forty pounds, do not allow the negative attitude of another turn you into a hermit.

You have the power and the energy within you to expect with confidence all you desire.  This is trust, this is hope, and in this new year of 2009, you will fine.

Blessed Be.

SallyFrogg

Sally pink ribbon

purplemara3
by Member on Jan. 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Thank you! That is the kick I need! I am going for my walk after this. Have a fabulous New Years!! Mara

Quoting SallyFrogg:

Hello:

Sounds like something else is going on in your friends life, and she took it out on you (like kick the cat syndrome).  I hope you will take a deep breath, and think things through.  Pray for some guidance and then contact your friend.

Continue to grow your business,spend time with your children, loose forty pounds, do not allow the negative attitude of another turn you into a hermit.

You have the power and the energy within you to expect with confidence all you desire.  This is trust, this is hope, and in this new year of 2009, you will fine.

Blessed Be.

SallyFrogg

GraLauJon
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 3:32 PM

i think it helps to compartmentalize things.  that incident with your firend was one event. you losing weight and growing your business are completely seperate....not only from that one event but also from each other. dont punish yourself by keeping from advancing in other areas of your life b/c of something someone said that made you feel judged and hurt....and even offended.

if your friend had a problem with your kids' behavior she could have handled it in other ways.  she could have called your attention to it and could have let you know they were too much for her to handle and then seen how YOU reacted.  she sounds like she needs to learn some conflict resolution techniques.....b/c for her to blow up at you after having bonded with you seems a little rash.  maybe other things were bothering her about your relationship with each other?  if it were me, i would just send a card or an email asking if she wanted to talk about what is bothering her. then just leave it at that.

MommyWisdom
by Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Hi Mara,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your friend. Have you contacted her? I bet the outburst wasn't towards you at all. There probably was something else going on that caused it. You're much too kind to have someone say those things to you on purpose.

Many Blessings....Roxanne
www.BelieveAchieveNow.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)