Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Play the Life Balance Discovery Game

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:45 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

Hey Believe Achievers!!

Let's Play a Game!!

I got this idea from a website I frequently visit called Create A Balance. I thought it would be Fun and Interactive to play this game in the group. :-)

Objective: To give you an opportunity to explore where you are and where you want to be.

How to Play: Assess yourself from one to ten in the following life areas. Ten meaning you don’t need it to get any better, one meaning there is a lot of room for improvement.

Other  ______________

Bonus Round: To increase your enjoyment of life, what are the three key areas for you to focus on for your own personal development?

Believe Achieve Twist: Create an Action plan for your Focus Areas.

This is Your Moment. Please share your thoughts and/or reactions to these questions in the comments below.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
by Group Owner on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:26 AM

I'll go first, then the rest of you can join me. :-)

Health - 7 (I'm healthy and at an ideal weight for my size. I'm petite. I eat healthy foods and have cut back on sweets. But, I definitely can drink more water and add in a few more workouts)

Career - 10 (I couldn't imagine doing anything else!! I get to do what I love and be with my family all day.)

Money - 10 (No, I don't own a yatch or live in a mansion, but who cares. :-) We have what we need to maintain our lifestyle. We're happy, the kids are happy and we have a Home we call our own.)

Family - 10 (We have a strong family unite. Family is our first priority. Everything else comes second.)

Peace - 6 (I suffer from Super Mom syndrome! I want to do everything and won't admit I can't. LOL)

Fun - 6.5 (I have LOTS of Fun with Hubby, the kiddos and rest of family. But, I could definitely add on more "ME" time. I bet we can all relate.)

Relationships - 9 (I think nurturing relationships is very important.)

Fulfillment - 8.4 (Fulfillment would be if I were to have Perfect 10's in every category, so I just figured out my average.)

Bonus Round: The 3 Key areas I will be focusing on are FUN, PEACE &  HEALTH.
My Action Plan: Will schedule "ME" time at  twice a month. No Hubby, No Kiddos. Will admit that there is only ONE of me! And will learn to say NO. Will drink more water and start taking walks in the morning, too.

Alright, I look forward to all of you playing!!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Health  4  I've recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Other than that, I'm very healthy. I'm working through the pain right now and it's hard, but I'm doing it.

Career  2   I'm having to change careers to the fibro.

Money  2  I'm broke due to being down and having to change careers. I'm also barely receiving any child support for my 3 kids. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

Family 10 I love my family. My kids are the most important thing to me. They're healthy and we're together. What more could I ask for?

Peace 8 I find peace almost any where. It's something I constantly work on. I think it's important to be able to find your center and ground and that  that place be peaceful.

Fun 8 Most of the time I'm a pretty fun person! There are times when I'm a little bit too serious. Not very often, but occassionally.

Relationships 7 I nurture my relationships. But one in particular is falling apart. Maybe our time is over.

Fulfillment 7 I'm completely satisfied with my kids, I'm a great mom, a fun person, but there are things I'm working on.

Other  ______________

Bonus Round: I'm working on Career & Money, Relationships & Fulfillment
Believe Achieve Twist: I'm going to Community College to get a certificate in something to build on to what I already have so that I can change my career and make some money. I'm either going to counseling with the person I'm having problems with or our relationship is over. By doing these things I'm working towards fulfillment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)