Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Truth and Honor - Letting Go

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

How many of us can truly let something lie?  do we need to have the last word?  can we gauge our true beings on how we think we need to control so much around us? or can we live with honor in letting go of what is unhealthy for us?  can we show honor twd others by letting them live their best lives and not infringing or imposing what is unhealthy upon them?  my new revelation is in letting go.  letting things be what they are and accepting them for that.  i guess last week i spoke of gracefulness in accepting. but now i am releasing.... i have hung onto what was not good for me. i allowed - in fact, i INVITED - what was damaging to my personal being into my life over and over and over again. and then i was told "you sink with the ship." i used to think that was a good thing....till i saw TItanic.  that's not such a pretty sight after all. nor a very good ending for a hard working individual. 

something else i am learning in this process is that i do love a challenge. but instead of challenging other people's motive or intelligence, etc i can channel my spunkiness in more constructive ways.  i can use it to help my children reason in life.  i can use it on the job or to finish college or to level out physcially or spiritually.  we all have something we need to hone in on and fine tune so to create a useful skill instead  of bad a habit.  How else to live in truth and honor? 

"Men's nature's are alike; it is their habits that seperate them."  ~ Confucius Analects

"The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken."   ~ Samuel Johnson

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mommygoose
by on Mar. 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Sometimes it is VERY hard to let things be! I am trying very hard to do this with my other half. I tend to push things to the extreme(over explain)! I have thought long and hard about this lately and reading this post really hit home to me. Truth and honor apply to everyone in life. If I have truth and honor in my life I can more easily give truth and honor to the other people in my life. To me this means that if I tell myself the truth and honor my own beliefs and needs then and only then can I tell everyone else the truth and honor their beliefs and needs. Thank you for posting this!!

" We begin to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)