Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doesnt pay attention

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 320 Total Views

I just go the whole kit today and my daughter didnt really want to watch the video. She loves music so anytime they had a song she would watch it but otherwise she lasted a few minutes. Does anyone else have this problem.What did you do?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momoflilangel
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:10 PM

It took a few times for my 2 year old watching it for the first time for her to like it and want to watch it. We just finished the first month of the first video and she asks to watch it. She calls it the baby movie. But even if sometimes they aren't fully paying attention they are still hearing it. I have no clue how old your child is but if they still go in a swing try putting them in it. Or put them in a high chair with a snack so that they sit still.

halilewya
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 11:08 AM

my daughter is going to be one on thursday...she usually doesnt sit much she loves running around and playing...she always hated her car seat and never liked to sit in a swing...shes really active, but i kind of got her to watch it my putting her on my lap and rocking her a little and she sometimes like to sit on the couch....thanks for the advice

JasonsMom2007
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM

We bought the starter DVD when my son turned 1.  He is now 20 months and I think Iḿ about ready to buy the next one.  He has FINALLY started paying attention to it and is starting to read some words!  His favorite is ¨arms up!¨  I wouldn´t push it.  Usually my son sits and watches it while I make dinner (otherwise he´s under my feet).  He says all of the words with the video.  We don´t watch it twice a day though because I feel that´s too much TV for him!

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

Flutterbybj
by Group Owner on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Jonathan goes throught phases that he don't seem interested..  He always pays some attention even if he is playing or running around. But the phase usually ends in a few days and he is back to payin attention again. 

chrissyhay2002
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM

We watch ours on the DVD player in the car on the way to school and when I pick them up.  DVDs in the car are a treat to my kids.

A.K.A.  The Coupon Queen

Need Help Saving Money:

http://coupqueen.com

Mom of Kennedy Paige 6/22/04

Mom of Logan James 3/21/07

stephanie.rose
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 12:35 AM

My 17 month oldl prefers if I sit and watch the video with her.  We say and act out all the words.  The first few times she watched she was in love, yelling dog, touching and saying eyes, etc....then the 4th or 5th she didn't get as into it and was running around...but if I sit and do it with her there is no problems.  She runs around me because she is gets really excited about the animals and babies but she pays constant attention to the video.  So much for dishes while she is awake!!

Also, I have to do the flip books and flash cards first.  Then later in the day we watch the video.  I guess she thinks she's done once the video has been viewed??  It's strange because she really loves the books/cards, but will only go through about half of them if we do them after. 

Pristine_Dream
by Member on Mar. 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM

My daughter is 2 and will be 3 in October.  I kinda have to bribe her to stay put.  Remind her to keep her eyes on the tv and then she gets a very small piece of chocolate when she's done watching.  She's got a couple words under her belt now and it's been a week since we started. 

ZoesMom07
by on Mar. 23, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Don't push it. Just let it play while she is in the room or hold her in your lap and offer her a snack 

I Breastfed my daughter for 1 year, 2 weeks, and 4 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)