Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's the passion???

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2008 at 1:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 157 Total Views

Poll

Question: Have you ever felt this way?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

So here is the thing, I have been married to a great man for about a year and half. We have been together about three years. He is truly a sweetie but my question is where did the passion go?? To me it seems like we have become more like roomates than husband and wife. We stay so busy with the kids ( mine from a previous) and work that we have just forgotten about each other. I find myself sometimes ignoring him I don't mean to but I can't seem to help myself. So my question is how do I fix it??? How can I train myself after a hard days work to make time for him and help him make time for me? I just feel like we are in a rut......
by on Apr. 29, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
volvowife
by on Apr. 29, 2008 at 6:12 PM

I think there are two parts to the answer.  If you want to make time to work on the passion, then you have to really want to do that.  If you feel like you just need to, then the process will be robotic and stressful.  The easiest way to get you in the passion mood is for your DH to give you the emotional confirmation first.  Its easier for a DH to give emotional confirmations when he is getting the physical ones.  So this is tricky. 
Intimate friendship leads to best passion.  Try to make some time with your hubby alone and out of the house.  If you can't find a babysitter or afford one, then plan a 'date' night at home after the kids are in bed.  Plan ahead of time.  Anticipation is very exciting and you can help your hubby be visual thinking about the upcoming 'date'.  Once you get over the hill, then the passion comes back more naturally.  You have to make time for friendship first. 
We can get so busy in our lives taking care of bills, children, and working that we forget to put our energy into something that is so very important. 
I remember my first date night back out with my DH.  I made a list of questions that I had not asked him in a long time.  Stupid ones!  Like..What is your favorite color.  Preferences change over time.  :)  We had a blast talking about simple topics and the wine added to the fun. 

lovinlife795
by New Member on May. 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM
i think some times you just have to say ' o.k. i need to take care of that tommorrow."

make time. set times and dates for special things with him. even if it's just snuggling up to a movie. eat dinner together,,,you get the picture..

make time. that's it. once you start spendingt thta time together you will realize why you fell in love and you'll get adicted to your time together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)