Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amber Voight/ Scentsy wickless candles

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 2553 Total Views

1.) What type of products or services does your company sell? Scentsy offers a safe alternative to candles! We have the following products on our line:

Decorative Warmers: These come in 3 sizes Large, Medium and a plug in size. Prices are $30.00, $25.00 and $15.00

Scent Bars: Our scents come in over 80 scents! A bar will last up to 80 hours and cost $5.00

Scent Bricks: These come in all of our wonderful 80 scents as well, this is a more economical way for you to get the scents you love as this brick is weighing 1 pound!  The price for this item is $20.00

Car Candles: Available in all scents, I love these I have had mine in my car for over a month and it still smells like the day I put it in. Price $3.00

Room Sprays: Price $8.00

Travel Tins: You can now bring Scentsy anywhere you go! These are great for lockers and purses.. or I use mine in my garbage can, under the garbage bag. Price:$5.00

About our wax: Scentsy uses a food-grade petroleum based wax. Scentsy chose this wax because of its superior scent loading ability, melting point and firmness. Scentsy looked at their waxes, but could not find a good quality vegetable based wax that held the scents. The type of wax we use is a not an issue, with regard to the chemicals released while burning any traditional wicked candles, including tea lights. Scentsy Warmers only warm the scent out of the wax - the wax remains in the warmer, thus there is no danger of chemicals being released into the home. You will end up with a piece of non smelling wax that you dispose of and replace with a new Scentsy candle bar. No wick, no match, no flame, no soot, no smoke, and no wax evaporation!

2.) What is your company start up and overhead cost requirement and what does it include? Scentsy Starter Kits are $99 plus shipping and handling. Your Starter kit contains all 80+ scent samples, catalogs, order forms, business cards, and everything you will need to start your successful Scentsy Candle Business. This also includes your website for the first three months. There isnt any overhead or monthly cost to be a Consultant, however after you free 3 month website trial you can choose to keep the website going for $10.00 per month

3.) What do you do exactly? Take us through an average day, what duties do you actually preform? Do you make or receive calls, send emails, write ads, etc... And how many hours a day do you spend working your business? Scentsy makes it really easy for you to run your business even if you have a full time job! All orders are sent out by our corporate office via UPS so theres really no hard work on our end! Here was my day today: (my schedule changes day to day)

10am started work by answering emails and returning a few phone calls. I then posted a few adds online for about 20 minutes, checked my backoffice to make sure the items that where purchased on my website the day before are marked shipped, I then email my Customers who purchased items online the day before there tracking number, a coupon and a thank you note. I went for a walk with the kids while hanging door hangers with samples around my neighborhood. I then came home and answered more emails that came in when I was out of the office.

I try to work 11:30 - 4pm Monday thru Friday (sometimes Im so excited to check on how many online orders I received I start early!)

4.) What kind of restrictions does the company give you on advertising if any? None, however they do require that we stay not use the company logo on our own advertisements without approval from our compliance department, they do have one made for us to use freely as we wish.. this is the Scentsy logo but says Independent Consultant under the logo.

5.) How do you earn money? What is your commission or pay based on?  The #1 way you earn money is selling our wonderful products you will earn a commission on all of your sales, you can also earn income by recruiting others into the company on your team. However this is NOT required, recruiting is always optional. The company will send you a check once per month on the 10th

6.) How long were you with your business before you broke even and actually earned an income? (No income spacifics) 
 Honestly, 2 days and I did more then brake even, our start up cost is so low and our products are in such a high demand. I posted my website on a shopping forum and 2 days later I had over $400 in sales. 

7.) What is an average income for a first month, first 6 months and/or year? ~ average area, we all know it's different for each person. This is something that's very difficult to answer. Because each person is different. I would say if you average 1 show (online,craft fair or home show) per week you will earn $720 per month... now thats only 1 show or event. I try to do 3 per week (I do a lot online!)

8.) Why should someone join your team and not another? I dont think im better then anyone else or anyone elses team.. but I have been in direct sales a very long time and know what it takes to be successful. I will match my time with your efforts. You will receive full training and support, incentives, goodies and give-a-ways and I will always be available for any questions you may have.

My new incentive "welcome gift" is a custom made (by my Husband) plug in table top display that has actual electricity! See pictures below:

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)