Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Congrats Laura Paulson! WOO HOO!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:56 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

Let me Introduce to you our newest Senior Regional Sales Director 

me and matt.jpg

Laura Paulson, SRSD      

First and foremost, I'm a wife to my wonderful husband Bob (married 21 years this July) and mom to my pride and joy Courtney and Matthew. I come from "Corporate America" where I did have the successful career making lots of money but that came with a price. I was promoted rather quickly up through the ranks and for several years it WAS a lot of fun and very fulfilling. I got to travel all over; meet all kinds of interesting people; build teams, systems, departments and make things happen.  Over time though it took its toll.  I had a 50 mile commute to work, was working 60-70 hours a week, constant travel, working at home when I wasn't at the office, dealing with the office politics and doing more with less. All I seemed to do was work or be consumed by it.  I mean I worked so much that I got to a point where I didn't know what to do with myself when I WASN'T working.   I WAS the job. 

Needless to say, it got old after a while.  I ended up burning myself out and started to hate the fact that I was trapped because of the money.  Yes I only have myself to blame for burning myself out but when you have an entrepreneurial mindset and take pride in what you do, you have that sense of ownership even though you're really building equity for somebody else.  I finally came to the point (woke up actually) where I started to question what the heck was I doing??!!!  I no longer wanted to sacrifice myself and my family for "the man"!!!!  Long story short, the opportunity finally presented itself that allowed me to escape that rat race/trap.

So the reason for my story is to bring home the point that traditional "corporate america" is NOT the way to go.  Whether you're making $30,000 a year or $200,000 a year, the rat trap is still the rat trap.  The only difference is the size of the cheese.  And the bigger your slice of cheese, the more they OWN you!!!! 

It took me about 2 months of research and "analyzing" to finally take that leap of faith and get started with Ameriplan. When I started I was recouping from corporate burn out, enjoying my time at home and had the buy-out money coming in so there was no sense of urgency on my part.  I spent the next couple months "getting ready to get ready".  When I finally "started" I had some success, roadblocks, a little more success, roadblocks..  Then 6 months into this I got the opportunity to become a Provider Rep.  So I practically stopped building my business and focused on that.  Mistake!!! It was a good experience because of the knowledge I gained but also a good thing when it abruptly ended because the priority really should have been on building my business (everything happens for a reason).

I want to thank my entire team.  Without you guys I wouldn't be here.  The most rewarding part of this promotion for me is the fact that it was done by helping others reach their goals.  The thing that burnt me out the most in corporate america was the cut-throat office politics and back stabbing that goes on everyone wants their piece of the pie but there's only so much pie to go around.  Well, that's the beauty of Ameriplan and this industry, there's more than enough to go around and the more we help others get theirs the more we get ours.  That's the way it should be in my book.  Together Everyone Achieves More!!!

To my RSD's Heather Elliott, Jeff Truax and Charles Orlik I love you guys and can't wait to be celebrating more successes with you.  You ROCK!!!

To the rest of my team, I CAN'T WAIT to be celebrating your promotions in the near future.  Your day is coming so let's work together and GET IT DONE!!!  I love you guys J

To Bobbi and Julie what can I say but thanks for everything and we are GOING ALL THE WAY LADIES YOU KNOW IT !!!!  WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!  We are a team in the true sense of the word!!!!  Bobbi, together we've shared the roadblocks, late nights, pitty party and vent sessions but that's just par for the course and we quickly picked ourselves up and got back to work and the successes FAR outweigh the struggles.  I'm honored to have you as my friend and business partner.  You know I love you too J

To Janie and Michael and the rest of the Freedom At Home Team leaders Thank You for all that you do.  You give A LOT of yourselves and it's Very Much appreciated!!!

So everyone just focus on building your house one brick at a time keeping in mind that we are building our Dream Home and not some stick house that anyone can blow down at their whim.  Yes it's a lot of work and may take longer to build but IT'S WORTH IT!!!!  So keep your eye on the prize (your WHY).   The best is yet to come!

God Bless!

Laura Paulson, SRSD

Today is a new day, a new beginning.
It has been given to me as a new gift.
I can either use it or throw it away.
What I do today will affect me tomorrow.

I cannot blame anyone but myself if I do not succeed.
I promise to use this day to the fullest by
giving my best, realizing it can never come back again.

This is my life and I choose to make it a success.

~Author Unknown

Laura ... words alone cannot express how excited and happy I am for you!  I knew from the beginning that you were going to be an awesome leader for our team ... you have exceeded that and gone beyond!  You have worked for this for a long time and we endured our roadblocks, frustrations and more, yet you never gave up - you were persistent - you persevered - you were consistent - and just like we knew  you would ... YOU MADE IT!  WOO HOO! 

And I KNOW you are not stopping here ... but moving on to ESD ... then SESD ... then NSD!  We're going to the TOP and nothing is going to stop us!

Laura, I am so very, very proud and honored to have you as my friend and business partner - I am so extremely proud of YOU!  YOU GO, GIRL!  THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF MANY MORE THINGS TO COME ...

God Bless You ... I love you!

Bobbi Prim, ESD

Dear Laura,

SRSD!  Wow!  How exciting it has been to see you growing your AmeriPlan business. 

You and Bobbi work so beautifully together, and you have carried that leadership and camaraderie to your own team.  You have proven yourself to be a terrific example for your organization.  Through you, they can see how to grow a business and a team and how to help those you bring into AmeriPlan.

I'm so very proud of you, and I am looking forward to sharing your joy as you achieve each new pin level in the future.

Julie Klein, ESD

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)