Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pirate Birthday Party

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

My little guy is turning 5 (on the 5th!) and his birthday party has been consuming a lot of my energy and brainpower the last couple of weeks.  We're down to the final party prep now - party starts tomorrow at 10AM.  As of yesterday, this is what the main party area looked like.  (where I will be setting up the food/eating tables and doing most of the decorating)

Ahahaha!  Yeah, that's my sunroom, which basically means my Anything I Feel Like Using it For Room.  The last few months I've hosted more than one craft party with the neighborhood ladies and let's just say I don't exactly clean up completely after each one.  In my defense, I was using that table to help my friend with her wooden letters for the baby's room the other day.  And just yesterday I needed the sewing machine to finish up favor bags and a gift for a baby shower, which is also happening tomorrow, but in the afternoon.  So if the sunroom looks like an even bigger disaster than this tomorrow night, well you'll know we had fun all day long! :)

Just wanted to share because I bounce back and forth between being excited about the party and thinking I have it all under control, to being totally overwhelmed and kicking myself for not doing most of the prep weeks ago.  In less than 30 hours this room needs to be a Jake and the Neverland Pirates heaven...

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BekaLynn
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I did blue balloons all over the floor for water for, I had maps for the kids with the different areas they could color while we waited for everyone to show up.  I put gift bags in a treasure chest I made as the buried treasure.  We did pin the patch on the pirate.  OH PIRATE parties are my FAVORITE

momtokids
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:54 AM

That's awesome Alayna! You have a beautiful house!

522_angel
by Rockin' Idea Giver on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM

WOOOHOO it went great!  You're right Beka, pirate parties are surprisingly fun and easy to plan.
And thanks Julie - the longer I live in this house (I think we hit the year mark this week), the more "me" it feels, which is really good considering my husband did most of the house hunting and I only saw photos before we moved out here.  I have taken a few months break from working on house projects, but once we make it through Christmas I'm excited to tackle it again.  The master bedroom is in serious need of some help.  And I want to finish up the craft room by getting some stuff on the walls.  Can you believe it?  I have my own craft room!  That's in addition to the bonus area of the sunroom where I do the parties :)
Anyway - I need to upload and edit the party photos then I'll give you all a peek at it

522_angel
by Rockin' Idea Giver on Dec. 5, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Ok I finally have the chance to upload some photos from the party!  I just spent hours working on the post for the blog so I'll only do a couple here.  You can see the rest of the details on the blog (Pirate Party link)  Because man!  Did that blog take FOREVER!  Between uploading photos and editing them then loading them to the blog and doing all the journaling then accidentally deleting photos not once, not twice, but at least four times leading to more uploading and tweaking... urgh.

So, the party went really really well.  Good turn out (that was my biggest fear - we had only TWO show up to Kaitlyn's 6 weeks ago and it was sad) and everyone had fun.

Oh crud - I just realized I didn't watermark any of the photos and I've been trying to do that lately, at least on the ones people are likely to use for pins, etc.  Urgh.  Well I'm not gonna fix it now.  Maybe another day, eh?

momtokids
by Group Owner on Dec. 5, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Looks awesome!!! and I'm sure a great time was had!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)