Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Photos and Hats (pic heavy)

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

I had SO much fun taking photos of my friend's new baby!  She is such a cutie and was so cooperative and all just ooh'd and ahhh'd for like 3 hours :)  The hats are all ones I have made and will be listing on Etsy. 

*I haven't done any editing on these, so Julia (or anyone else) if you have tips or recs on any of the photos I'd love the input

crochet cowboy hat and boots.  We were all suprised how well she stayed on the horse but I didn't dare let the spotter step any further away from her or I would have pulled back a little to get the whole horse in the shot.

She is a Christmas Eve baby so I had to get some buy the tree.

We did the same bow around her mom's belly in her maternity photos so I thought the tie-in would be fun.

by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BekaLynn
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Ok so one of the things I learned from Seth with the horse picture you can take a picture with the person in it to get the angle you want then edit them out of it later.   I know i think I saw something on pinterest about it too, where they took a shot of an infant holding it's head up the way they wanted it and it took two shots edited together to get the one they ended up with.  I don't know if you are there editing wise but I know it  is something he has told me about.  The hats are super cute by the way. 

522_angel
by Rockin' Idea Giver on Jan. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Thanks!

I've seen a few things about that Beka - usually on that one pose everyone is in love with the baby's head propped on her hands.  I think it's cool that people can do that but am really not great at editing as it is. I don't know if there will ever be a pose I want bad enough to take the massive amount of time it seems like it would take to make it look natural.  Plus somehow it feels like cheating?  The same applies to those group photos where they can't get a good expression on everyone so they change out the faces on a few.  Cool concept, but somehow not quite right.

ThinknPinkMom
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM
The hats are great!! Love the little boots. : ) I think you did a great job!! She is adorable.

I've seen those tutorials too. They make it look easy but I bet it would be hard for me to do. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtokids
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Beautiful work and pictures!!!  So inspiring!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)