Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scrabble Tile Coasters

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

I started a new project yesterday!  Scrabble Tile Coasters.  I was so excited about them and made one.. well made 2, but finished one. and sadly.. I'm not super impressed.  Sitting in a cute little box or basket, okay, but I'm not certain they are completely usable.  So I'm slightly disappointed. 

I liked the idea, one because it's scrabble, who doesn't like that! And two, because the announcements I did for Jason and I getting married were using Scrabble tiles and I made us name blocks... "Jasper"  looking like a scrabble tiles.. and have plans for the board from this game box.  Hope I can get them where I like them.  I'll take a pic of these items and put them here :)

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momtokids
by Group Owner on Jan. 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Okay I still need to finish the coasters but yesterday I cut up a coat rack and made primitive candle sticks.  I love them :) Still some finishing touches to be done but so far happy with them!!

I'm slightly focused on getting house decorated more prim and less americana!

522_angel
by Rockin' Idea Giver on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

GO Julie!  I can't wait to see photos!
I've seen a ton of cute ideas using Scrabble tiles.  Thinking maybe i need to keep my eyes open for a set at a thrift store... :)
So can you send some of your crafty vibes over here please?  I've had a slower than usual week and been feeling fidgety but for some reason haven't wanted to just sit down and start working on something (believe me it's not from lack of projects!).

momtokids
by Group Owner on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Lol.. i'm not sure the inspiration is all mine.. I was working on the candlesticks with a friend and she was very gung ho, which helped get me on the right path!!

Going to take pix!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN