Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

When it comes to things like ideas for Teacher Appreciation, thank goodness for Pinterest!  All it takes is 5 minutes on there and I had everything figured out for this year (especially since I pin ideas as I see them and most were on my boards already).  Which is great because our PTO is not all that good about giving everyone advance notice.  We got the note this week with their requests of things to send in:  a cards on Monday, chocolate on Tuesday, and flowers on Thursday.  They will be doing breakfast and a larger gift for the teachers on the other days.  Luckily it's the same list as last year so that part isn't unexpected.  But, as it's the same list from last year and I'm always searching for a unique spin on things anyway, I wanted to do something a little different than what everyone else would be sending in.

I wanted to do something not on the list, to show that we were just sending in the required items because everyone else was, but because we truly appreciate the teachers.  So I packed up some pocket anti-bacterial and a holder that I picked up in bulk at one Bath and Body Works big sales.  The tag reads "you are scent-sational." 
I did labels on some big chocolate bars.  They read "you deserve chocolate!  Thanks for all you do".  Instead of buying cut flowers (which I would have to do the day before and that was a bit hard to find last year) I went with some flower seed packets with a label that reads "If teachers were flowers I'd pick you"

And for the cards on Monday I printed out this clipart (from this site) and am going to have the kids draw/write in them today.

Has anyone else been working on Teacher appreciation stuff?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momtokids
by Group Owner on May. 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Great gifts!!! I don't partake in this week..I do however give a gift at the end of the year...formy son only this year.  As the girls are in jr high and high school and have muliple teachers!  I have to come up with an idea.... pinterest it is!

522_angel
by Rockin' Idea Giver on May. 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM

gotta love pinterest :)  I have a ton of ideas on my Back to School Boards if you need them Julie.
I do end of the year gifts too.  I think it's a nice gesture, at least when the kids are still in elementary school.  I'm pretty sure by the time they both move on to jr high I'll be sick of it and glad of the chance to move on to something else myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)