Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training help

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:30 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 254 Total Views
My son is 25 months old.  He is really good about peeing in the toilet.  He even gets up from naps if he wants to go.  However he will not poop in the toilet.  I have read some other posts about this and I guess it is a fairly common issue.  However I have not seen anything that may help my son.  He is not doing this out of control or to get attention.  He very much wants to be a big boy.  So I don't know if he is scared or just doesn't know what he is supposed to do.  I have tried a lot of different things with no success and I feel really bad because he feels bad.  We have never pressured him on anything because he has always been very advanced for his age, but he is very hard on himself.  If he doesn't do something perfect right away he gets very upset with himself.  We tell him that everyone makes mistakes and everyone has trouble with some things.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could help him?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommyof2inky
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 5:57 PM
I had the same problem with my son, and the best advice I can give you is let him do it on his own and keep supporting him. It just takes some time getting used to the feeling of having to poop, when they have to pee they understand the feeling better. Our ped. let us know that. So just keep doing what your doing, and let him know he is a big boy.
 Crystal

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

mommyluvsherbug
by Group Owner on Aug. 9, 2007 at 2:00 PM
thats awesome that your son is using the big boy potty. He may not feel the need to go poo poo right now. my daughter just turned 2 in june and is just learning to go poo poo in the big girl toilet. Something i learned from my experiances about potty training is be confident in your child when using the potty even if he dont succed when he goes. you could go out and buy him big boy underpants and tell him big boys like uncle so and so go poo poo on the big boy potty are you a big boy like your uncle or big boys go poo poo on the big boy potty or tell him big boys dont go poo poo in there big boy underpants they go on the big boy potty. if he succeds in using the potty anounce it like he just won an award and give him a little treat, like a sticker or make a chart so when ever he uses the potty you can place a sticker on a chart so he can see how many times he was a big boy at using the potty and will want to go more often. Hopefully these will help you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)