Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 1:22 PM
  • 68 Replies
  • 3775 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Welcome to all new members to our Native mom lodge here at cafemom. Thank you for joining and do make yourself at home here.
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CloudWeaver
by Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Osiyo RedHeart,
 Wado and I will :)
Have a great day!:)
shyboi11
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2007 at 11:57 PM
OSIYO,THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME INTO THE GROUP, I AM TSALAGI, FROM BERTIE COUNTY ,N.C, I AM SHAMAN BY BIRTH, I HAVE 4 CHILDREN AND 8 GRANDCHILDREN,I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU ALL

SENDING OUT LOVE,PEACE AND MUCH RESPECT,SHY

bandontiger06
by New Member on Dec. 24, 2007 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello.  I am not native American but my daughter, my husband and his family are.  I wanted to be a member of this group so I could better understand the culture and help my daughter with the culture.  Now I do have one question.  I was always made fun of as a kid so i am really worried about that happening to her.  Is she going to be made fun of for having a native father and a white mother? She also has blue eyes how is that going to fly?  I am really worried about her please help.
Maryellen
married to a native american
Laughey
by Member on Dec. 28, 2007 at 10:02 AM
Thank you for accepting my into your group. I'm from the Fort Peck Res in Northeastern Montana.  I have been living in Nebraska for years now and just need some traditional aspects on different things.  Once agian thank- you.
dachshundlady
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 3:41 PM
Osiyo and thanks so much for your warm welcome. It's wonderful to find such welcoming friends! I am Cherokee/French decent. I am married to a wonderful man who is Black/White and we have a 17 yr old son who is my life. I try to live in harmony with everyone and keep my feet close to Mother Earth. I cook traditional foods (for both Black and Native tastes), and am a traditional wife and mother. I work part time as a substitute high school teacher. I am proud of my heritage and try to pass on that pride of culture to our son as well. Wado, Becky
dachshundlady
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM
HI, I just joined and saw your post and had to reply.  I am mixed Cherokee and French, married to a mixed race Black/white man.  Our son is, of course, mixed also, being black/white/cheokee/french.  What most people see when they look at him, however is just a young black man, perhaps of mixed parentage.  To tell the truth, I have had more troulble with ignorant people than our son.  They look at me and just see a white woman who betrayed her race by marrying a black man and having a mxied child.  \

I don't let it bother me because it is their ignorance and I am a big girl and can handle it.  The kids my son hangs around could care less, he's just who he is to them.,  I have tried to raise my son with pride for who he is, and all the different cultures his blood represents.  I have always raised him to think for himself and to have confidence in himself, that he can do anything he puts his mind to and be whatever he chooses to be, and that he is capable of very great things.

As a result, he is a very confident, capable and mature young man who knows who he is and is comfortable in all worlds- black, white, Native. If you teacher your daughter to value and treasure who she is inside, encourage her to develop her talents and abilities and follow her heart, she will be strong and independent and able to deal with the few ignorant people she meets in life.  Those who love her won't care what color her skin or eyes are, and those who don't- well, why would she care what they think?

Being native is not so much a think of blood or color of  skin but a state of the spirit. It is about walking the path of a true human being and realizing that you are just one among the Earth's many children.

Wado
tpgirl
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Hi ,thanks for accepting me into your group.im from warrenton ,nc.i belong to the haliwa -saponi tribe.i have three beautiful girls and a loving husband.

2ndtimemomof6
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2008 at 4:46 AM
Hi! I am glad to be a part of this group and I look forward to reading and sharing many wonderful journeys with all of you.  I am a mother of three and soon to be a step mother to three more blessings.  My natural children are Creek/Seminole and Cherokee. My soon to be step-children are caucasian. I am originally from Oklahoma and I now live in the St Louis area.  I am finalizing plans for my wedding in May and I am concerned with the transition our six children will face as we blend our not only our names, but our traditions and culture.  Any words of wisdom for our blended family are welcomed. 
littlegrama
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Wahwanna, means Thank you in Menomoniee. I'm from Wis. Born raised & adopted by a white family. my other 6 brothers & sister were adopted out of state. came full circle in 1995. Worked with my half sister for 2 yrs. and didn't know we were from the same mom. I grew up not knowing. Now that I'm grown I want to know everything. I'm good at taking advice & criticism. 
Stop by  
dwhitebull
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:09 AM

Hello,

Thanks for ecepting me to the group ! Im Dawn, I am 50% HunkPapa Lakota, my rezervation is Standing Rock in North/South dakota.

Hope to make new native mom friends ! if anybody would like to add me as a friend please feel free too at any time I'm new to cafe mom and dont have many friends yet and who better than native sisters !

thanks,  dwhitebull
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)