Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pan Fried Tofu

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 3:08 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 218 Total Views
Okay here's one my family likes to enjoy, it is pretty simple- but good!
                           You need :1 square block of fried tofu (available at most Asian markets)
                                               curry powder ( 1 tbls)
                                                1/2 tsp salt
                                                 1/2 tsp sugar
                                                    2 tbls minced lemongrass
First, slice tofu square 1/2 in thickness,set aside in bowl,then take the rest of the ingredients and mix together in a separate bowl, then pour over tofu and rub it in. Let it marinate 15 minutes, then in a pan add 1 tbls oil and heat to med-high. Carefully put the tofu into pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side. You can garnish w/ green onion
Serve with steamed Jasmine rice and vegetables.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
dazed_edee
by on May. 8, 2007 at 9:17 AM
Hello,
I've never even seen tofu before, BUT I want my family to eat better so I'm willing to try anythign. This looks good - where do I get tofu?
MommyKore
by Member on May. 8, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Sometimes tofu is found in the produce section, sometimes in the dairy section.  Really, these days many of the top giant supermarket chains have "health food" sections, and the White Wave brand will be refrigerated, the Mori-Nu (not my fave; good for smoothies, though) will be just on the counter.  See if you can find a nearby food co-op, they sell tofu.  Whole Foods, Wild Oats....they sell tofu too.  A pound is normally $1.25-$3.00 (depending on the brand you choose).  I dunno...I haven't noticed the prices lately. 

Word of warning about Fried Tofu:  since it's fried, they tend to be little fat bombs, so manger in moderation.  Oui!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)