Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone trying to loose weight before he comes back home???

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:28 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 503 Total Views

These deployments or short tours can be very hard! So.... why not look forward to something and keep our minds busy! There could be a millions different things you want to do before he gets home. Mine is weight loss! What is yours? Lets work together and help each other out!

Does anyone have any ideas and most effective way to loose weight. I have 5 months before he gets home for his Mid-tour and I at least want to loose 20 lbs by then.

Has anyone tried the Alli Plan???

Or has anyone tried any Internal Flush Cleanses that work. Or anything called Acai Berry Flush.

I have heard that if you cleanse your body you can loose lots of weight.

Anyone done it???? 

Lets loose some weight ladies and look HOTT for our husbands.

Lets Do it.....treadmill

by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gladys781
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Im trying to loose 7 lbs and its taking me longer than I expected. I love to eat. So its getting a little harder for me since Im with my parents and I eat everything. But I am willing to do what ever to loose this lbs.

April414
by Member on Mar. 4, 2009 at 9:13 PM

When my husband left 8 months ago, I had just had a baby 4 weeks eailier, so yea, I had some weight to lose!  I have so far lost 16 pounds, want to lose about 5 more.  I started with a routine.  I would speed walk everyday.  The same route.  When I started it took me 45 mins, now I walk it in 23 minuets!  Now I am going to start jogging (well as soon as it stops snowing) I finally got a jogging stroller, just havent been able to use it yet, and I go when my 5 yr old is at school so she doesnt slow me down.  Its also good to take the dog, cause she keeps me moving! :)  In the begginning I was doing palaties along with my walk.  I got the 10 minuet solutions and I really like it alot!  Then I got bored with that and got Jillian Michales 30 day shred, and that about killed me at first, but now I love it.  Mostly just trying to tone now.  But Im the same as the PP, and I LOVE to eat, especially at night when the kids are in bed and Im bored.  Lets keep eachother posted for motivation!  Its been the best thing to get me though this.  I want to look HOT for my husband when he gets home lol.

bridgetkay
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I am also trying to lose weight. I lost 15lbs when DH first left, just from stress alone. I am still needing to lose close to 45-50lbs. I gained a lot during my 2 pregnancies. Im about 170 now and would really like to get closer to 120ish. I have not tried any products, but I do use my wii fit (when I remember to). My dr said 45 minutes of good aerobics 3-4 times a week will help with losing fat. I am starting my diet again tomorrow. After 3 months of dieting, I got burned out and had to stop for a while. I know that picking it up again will be helpful. Only 5 months until our Korea tour is over, so I have to get working and keep it up. 

mummyof4babies
by Group Owner on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I am trying to loose about 40 pounds myself.... I am an emotional eater. Since my husband left to Korea the beginning of February I  have gained 5 more pounds. I need to loose weight so bad. I hate the way I look right now. My husband tells me that he doesnt care how I look, but of course he is probably just telling me that and in his head he's saying yea you need to loose weight. LOL.....    I love food too, but I like the wrong foods. What exactly do you guys eat for your meals to loose weight. Its hard to stay away from the fatty foods for me. I am going to see this Doctor that helps people loose weight by injections, and see how that works. My cousin tried it out and she lost 85 pounds but  she was way over 200 pounds and she lost a lot of weight. I am 152 pounds to be exact and I want to get down to at least 110 - 115 pounds by August......  I am starting this diet and I am going to stick to it. So please lets keep this up and keep eachother motivated . Make sure to update your weight lost on here to. Lets do this ladies and lets look HOTTTT for when our husbands get back.....

mummyof4babies
by Group Owner on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:50 PM

How is the Wii fit working out for you....I was thinking about buying the wii fit since my son has the Wii but wasn't to sure about it.  If you have lost some weight on it well then I am definitely buying it.

Quoting bridgetkay:

I am also trying to lose weight. I lost 15lbs when DH first left, just from stress alone. I am still needing to lose close to 45-50lbs. I gained a lot during my 2 pregnancies. Im about 170 now and would really like to get closer to 120ish. I have not tried any products, but I do use my wii fit (when I remember to). My dr said 45 minutes of good aerobics 3-4 times a week will help with losing fat. I am starting my diet again tomorrow. After 3 months of dieting, I got burned out and had to stop for a while. I know that picking it up again will be helpful. Only 5 months until our Korea tour is over, so I have to get working and keep it up. 

bridgetkay
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I *love* my wii fit. When I did it regularly I did notice a small change. It wasnt anything huge, but it did work for me. I do use it for atleast 45 minutes when my brain decides to work and tell me to get it out. LOL. You have to be eating properly while using it to make it work.

I got really bad about eating out when DH first left. I didn't feel like cooking for just me and the 2 kids. It just didnt feel right. Im getting much better about it though. I eat a lot of low calorie foods while dieting. That and the work outs took some major weight of me quickly. I hope I can keep it up this time. Good luck to you all!!

Quoting mummyof4babies:

How is the Wii fit working out for you....I was thinking about buying the wii fit since my son has the Wii but wasn't to sure about it.  If you have lost some weight on it well then I am definitely buying it.

Quoting bridgetkay:

CorgiMomma
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Yes... I am definitely trying to loose some major weight.  I have over 100lbs to loose myself.  It's so hard though because I feel like I'm so alone in everything.  I start feeling daunted by the magnitude of how much weight I have to loose... and that leads to getting upset... which leads to more eating.  Ugh... I'm so sick of myself on so many levels right now.  I just turned 30 two days ago, and today is my son's 3rd birthday, so I'm using this week as a turn around.  The first thing I HAVE to do is ban fast food.  I'm a fast food whore... I try to make good choices when I go and I definitely don't pig out on it, but that's not enough.... I have to just avoid it completely, at least for now.  Maybe sometime in the distant future I could have some once a month or something, but for now it has to go completely.  I also have the Wii Fit and after using it pretter regularly for a month or so I don't see much improvement so I kinda stopped.  I'm working on finding things that I can do without leaving the house...

Hubby comes home in July and at this point my goal is to loose a minimum of 40lbs before he gets home (average 2lbs a week).. but to be honest... I REALLY want to get under 200lbs, which means I have to loose a little over 50lbs.  Not sure if I can do that much, but if I want to even have a chance I gotta get off my ass and get to workin!  So yeah... all of you trying to loose a few pounds take heart... if I can do this you can too!

-Cheryl

mummyof4babies
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Okay ladies I have joined this 50 pound challenge, and  its FREE to join. Join and you can get a 4 week meal plan emailed to you or you can just print it out and follow. The meal plan is great healthy food that I can follow. That's great!!! 

The guy that pops out talking is the guy from Celebrity Fitness if you can recognize him. He helped celebrities loose weight. I just hope he helps me too...lol

Amy

http://www.50millionpounds.com/

Lets Do it.....treadmill

bridgetkay
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I am a fast food whore too. Its really hard to get away from it. I am an on the go person. I don't like being at home, so its always more convenient for me to eat out. I really need to stop though.

How long were you using the wii fit for? My dr told me that if you are doing aerobics, but less than 45 minutes 3-4 times a week, you are basically wasting your time. I am going to get mine back out and use it regularly again.

Quoting CorgiMomma:

Yes... I am definitely trying to loose some major weight.  I have over 100lbs to loose myself.  It's so hard though because I feel like I'm so alone in everything.  I start feeling daunted by the magnitude of how much weight I have to loose... and that leads to getting upset... which leads to more eating.  Ugh... I'm so sick of myself on so many levels right now.  I just turned 30 two days ago, and today is my son's 3rd birthday, so I'm using this week as a turn around.  The first thing I HAVE to do is ban fast food.  I'm a fast food whore... I try to make good choices when I go and I definitely don't pig out on it, but that's not enough.... I have to just avoid it completely, at least for now.  Maybe sometime in the distant future I could have some once a month or something, but for now it has to go completely.  I also have the Wii Fit and after using it pretter regularly for a month or so I don't see much improvement so I kinda stopped.  I'm working on finding things that I can do without leaving the house...

Hubby comes home in July and at this point my goal is to loose a minimum of 40lbs before he gets home (average 2lbs a week).. but to be honest... I REALLY want to get under 200lbs, which means I have to loose a little over 50lbs.  Not sure if I can do that much, but if I want to even have a chance I gotta get off my ass and get to workin!  So yeah... all of you trying to loose a few pounds take heart... if I can do this you can too!

-Cheryl

mummyof4babies
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Okay...you upset me...7 lbs to loose. what is that.. LOL....... Here I  wish I I could loose even some pounds like 40 lbs and you want 7 lbs. Okay at this point I envy you with the 7 lbs you want to loose. :))

Quoting Gladys781:

Im trying to loose 7 lbs and its taking me longer than I expected. I love to eat. So its getting a little harder for me since Im with my parents and I eat everything. But I am willing to do what ever to loose this lbs.

Lets Do it.....treadmill

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)