Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got 11weeks Left & I am scared & nervouse

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

ok, so I have 11 weeks till my due date. I didn't think it was goin to come this fast,@ first I didn't believe I was pregnant cuz the dr said I could not get pregnant on my own. For that reason I didn't think of anything about LABOR, or anything. Now  that I feel her, See her move and see her on ultrasounds it has hit me all at once.

I have been thinkin about wat all i need, what i need to do to get ready,how I am going to be (good mom bad mom), and most of all I know I have my husband but keep in mind we are (20 years old) he has never been around babies, and he told me the other night he dont know if he wants to be in the room cuz then he wont look at me the same. I have NO family..I grew up in foster homes and group homes. He has a brother, and a dad. His Mom passed away when he was 4 years old. So I feel lost and scared. NO ONE will be there fo me. I have no friends hare.

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE... explain to me what to exspect, how to handle it, i feel like I am going to do this ALL on my own. I want someone I know , trust, & that can help me.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:49 AM

You will NOT be alone because there will be nurses and the doctor there to give you the support you need.  yeah some guys do not look at their woman the same after seeing all that!  hell I watched "Knocked Up" before I gave birth and vomitted myself! 

What you will need:

1) diapers for newborn

2) formula if you aren't going to bottlefeed--I recommend Enfamil

3) Onesies that snap up front or zipper and the ones with feet if it is cold where you are

4) Bottles with #1 nipple (again if you are not going to breastfeed

5) Breast pads because your breast will be leaking milk

6) Bibs

7) Infant bath tub or they also have an inflatable duck bath, but you will have to hold the baby until they can hold themselves up!  My daughter loved it!

8) Breast pump (optional) if you dont breastfeed maybe you can still pump your milk

9) mittens so they dont scratch themselves (you can use socks if you cant find mittens)

10) Socks

11) Vaseline--you put it on their tush and butt so they dont get diaper rashes--usually before bed when they may sleep longer

12) Baby powder unless they have respiratory issues

13) Diaper rash cream--a diaper rash is nearly inevitable

14) Baby wipes

15) Baby lotion

16) Pacifier (some people use it and some don't but if you need it)

17) Infant caps/hats because they lose most of their body heat through their head

18) Infant first aid kit (aspirator-to clean out their nose/throat, thermometer, nail clipper, infant toothbrush, measuring spoon/dropper, comb and brush)

19) Lanolin lotion--your nips may get chapped or painful due to breastfeeding or pumping

20) infant liquid vitamins

I hope this helps! 

Labor can feel like a burning sensation down there.  make sure what you expect from him in regards to childcare help i.e. changing diapers, burping the baby, putting the baby to nap, etc.

ChesterGirl
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Im pregnant with my 2ed child and have a lil ways to go (Im 22 weeks) and Im already freaking about the delivery . I have to have a c-section and the one with my son was an emergency , so it was very traumatic . I have a HUGE needle fear and my doctor will not put me to sleep , so I have to face an IV and spinal , which terrifies me the most of all , not to mention that I have to have major surgery ! I have a ways to go still , but bc this pregnancy was so unexpected (they also told me I could not have any more children , so when I got pg , I was VERY surprised) it seems to be going by very quickly !

wantinababy1
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I know he will help out at home. It is just during labor, I know there will be nurses and my DR but I want someone there i know and is close to. I am trying to talk him into standing by my head and talking to me and not looking.

I have the inflatable duck bath it is cute, and i have a new born one where it holds baby in place.

I got some bottles, Pacifires, blankets, bed, warm clothes, a winter coat,  (we are in Montana) diapers,baby powder, butt cream, shampoo, lotion, bottle scrubby, baby spoons, butt wipes, couple toys, swing, bouncy chair, playpin, a pair of shoes, socks, a hat, the lil "u" pillow, breast pump, diaper bag,

wantinababy1
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM

expecting girlits a girlshruggingdo i just tust my dr nd the nurses to help me

amb_josh
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM

where are you from? Maybe you can find a really good friend to help give you that support? I had my baby at 28 weeks, and had nothing really.....You will figure out what you need, and even if you think you will need it, buy it it cant hurt.

MomNtheRes
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 11:12 PM

My daughters father was there and saw everything- it literally took him 8 weeks before he was aroused again! Lol, mind you I didn't care- I wasn't looking for sex at that point. I was 18, he was 21. My Mom did that though, she faints at the sight of blood and stood up by my head facing the wall and held my hand and didn't see anything. I've told my husband when we have kids I don't care if he's there or not- I know I'm not going to be worried about him while I'm going through all that! But your husband can generally stay with you untill the actual delivery starts, then he can stand right outside the room and they can call him in as soon as everything is done if thats what yall want. Good luck! Its normal to worry, and I guarantee it will come naturally after just a few days :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)