Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok so no one is answeing my question in the answer section...im really concerned

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:08 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 521 Total Views

i have been on pelvic rest and at my last appointment my midwife took me off of it b/c im going to be induced (for medical reasons ) very soon...and she said if i could start labor on my own that would be great and that i should try...well me and dh had sex earlier today and i just went to the bathroom and in my pad (im having a hard time not peeing my self when i cough ect. ect.) was blood i cant tell if that is bright red b/c it has been absorbed in the core thing, but when i wipe its bright red with clear kinda snotty and sorta watery dishcharge. it cant be his sperm b/c he never finished, i was having too many contractions during so we stopped. and i have noticed all my contractions since then but have not counted b/c i figured i wouldnt be going into labor or anything...help...

i am 36 weeks and a few days...i have been on bedrest and pelvic rest since july, i was just recently taken off of it and now this! any advice?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sagi6666
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Sounds like you lost your mucus plug, you should be going into labor real soon...:)

They call the mucus plug "bloody show", it's a white mucus with traces of blood in it...

AnimalsLady
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:17 AM

I agree with sagi6666.....it's most likely  your mucus plug.  Your water should break soon, and you should definitely be timing your contractions.  I would call your midwife and let her know.  Is this your first baby? 

bouncing mom"I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me."  Psalms 13:6

Dara0820
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I agree with these ladies!!! Good luck hun, hopefully the medical issues don't turn into something horrible!!! And I hope you have a smooth and "easy" recovery...good luck girlie!

ready_for2
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:23 AM

its normal to bleed during sex while pregnant. your cervix is changing and is sensitive. and contractions are normal from sex too. however, sex didnt work to induce me. it did give me contractions, but they never lasted. nothing worked. i tried for 3 weeks straight and ended up induced in the hospital at 40 weeks and 3 days. good luck and i hope you can get to labor on your own and not be induced!

When you've seen beyond yourself-then you may find, peace of mind,Is waiting there-And the time will come when you see we're all one, and life flows on within you and without you.

danette624
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:30 AM

thanks ladies! and yes this is my 1st pregnancy...hubbs is leaving from work to come and get me to take me to the hospital, he doesnt want to risk it...im just trying not freak out lol i hope they dont just send me home. 

MommytoBreezy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:24 AM

The mucus is more than likley your mucus plug, which you lose right before labor. I would say to call you mid wife right away and if you start to feel any pressure, go to the hospital.

olivers_mommy7
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:31 AM

like these ladys all say, it sounds like your mucus plug!!!  good luck =] keep us updated

Dara0820
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:31 AM

Keep us updated!!!! Good luck!  **Labor dust to you mama!**

danette624
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

UPDATE!:

it was stupid and a waste of time to go! they sent me home and i am still bleeding! i was having good steady long contractions that were like 4 min apart, and everytime i contracted my babies heart rate would drop to like 120 sometimes a little lower and would stay low for like a minute after the contraction...my contractions are still here and consistant and my baby is still not moving as much!! they told me to come back if any of it started again...well idk if this nurse thought she was a friggen miraicle worker or what and stopped all my problems because i have news for her... THEY NEVER STOPPED!! idk what to do, this is so lame, im still bleeding and hae been all night and my contractions ares till here! she checked my cervix and said i was effaced, they were very soft and i was dialted to about 1 maybe a little more....and sent me home...

HeatherW777
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

hi sounds to me like she's not all that smart with new pregnancies, etc....since this is your first baby, i will go to the hospital, not ur midwife! and be checked out in the labor and delivery ward. They are more experienced and have more technology then the midwife. with my first they let me labor soooo long she almost died cuz they did nothing about it, and she wasn't even moving much either.

please go in and find out whats going on. at 36 weeks you can have the baby now and it will be just fine.

i wish you all luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)