Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help with my 11mo old...Please reply.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

OKAY so My 11mo old son is on baby food (mush). He eats SOME "adult" foods such as mini pankcakes (cut up of course), original french toast sticks, squash casserole, banana pudding, bread rolls, mashed potatos...Ya know pretty much as baby friendly "adult" food as we can get. Well the other day he pushed away the "mush" baby food all together. I mean he would not eat it. BUT I gave him a small sausage biscuit (mostly he ate the bread lol) and some motts applesauce and he was fine.

So i figured i could buy the stage 4 beech nut chicken noodle vegetable (It's at walmart in the baby section.) and see if he would take to that. Well last night he ate about half of the portion, and today for lunch he refuses to eat it and tonight as we speak he refuses to eat it. He hasn't eaten much today at all except for his nap time bottle....This is coming from a baby who has never been a picky eater and normally eats  EVERYTHING i put in front of him. 

I don't want to force it down his throat but people tell me persistance is key...but He is making himself sick and freakin out over this. For dinner tonight after he refused the stage 4, i tried baby food again and he yet again refused it....WHAT DO I DO?

(And no he has no fever and I do not believe him to be sick.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brich
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I say don't fret it was around 11-12 months of age that time that I completely switched both my kids over to child friendly solids. It will not do him any harm, especially if he has teeth and does not have a sensitive stomach. As far back as I can remember my family but babies on solids around the same time and even by 12 months the doctor was asking my why I scared to give my child more meats. Of course, I was afraid of choking and them being able to chew completely but I had to take the chance, make sure the food was cooked tender enough for them to eat and chopped or smashed good and I just had to lean their eating habits and how good they could eat certain foods. Seems like you are not ready but he is. Just try giving him the solids, cooked tender and smashable or chopped finely and see how he takes to them and how well he chews new food. In a month or so it will be easy and you will be glad that you no longer have to search for baby food. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Baby4us09
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Maybe he will just like the adult food better.  Just mush it up and make sure he can't choke on it.  Maybe he isn't a baby food baby.My children never really liked that jar food.   I wish you the best of luck.  My kids didn't like the baby food from the store so I just made my own.  I know it isn't much but I hope it helps. My kids are now 6 and 8. 

ohmommamia
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I think it is normal.  My little one started out eating everything and now she is started to be picky.  But sometimes she will push away something and then when I try it a day or 2 later she will eat it.  So keep introducing new things a few times before you give up on it.  Also, she quit eating baby food at about 10/11 months.  She will only eat what we eat.  She loves oatmeal for breakfast and pretty much eats what we eat the rest of the time.

nily
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM

My DD was the same once she taste the regular table food there was NO way back to baby food so I had to cook some easy meals that were healthy and that she could eat.

xxxTrishy518xxx
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I have a 12 month old now that is just like that!. Like sometimes he'll eat just about anything and everything and sometimes he won't. I'm wondering if it's like a baby phase they go through or something. I would just try something different all the time to let him be curious of what it is. For an example.. One night i cut up some hot dogs ( my son has 6 teeth) and i took the skin off, and chopped them up.. he didn't want them. (i only make him one at a time) so then I tried some chicken nuggets and he chowed them down lol. Babys are hard to read when it comes to eating. deffininitley.

Trisha Roberts

Avon E-Representative

www.youravon.com/trisharoberts

Shop 24/7 !

kj21
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM

My son would take a bottle after 9 months and even b4 that he would be picky about the bottle i started him on baby food at about 5 months and he would also eat mash potatoes and etc. Around 9 months he wouldnt eat baby food any more so on day my mom was watching him and couldnt get him to eat they were having steak and  baked potatoes so my mom put both in a food processor with a little bit of gravy not alot just enough to give it moisture and he torn that up so i started giving him what we were eat just putting it in the processor. You might try that and see how he does.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
workin_mamma
by on Oct. 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM

we stopped buying baby food before my son was 11 months, i think at 10 months he was on adult food. we would make it little for him to chew of course but he wouldnt touch the baby crap. he wanted to be a big boy and have big boy food, he is now 18 months and eats whatever we put infront of him... whether it be red beets or candy, he doesnt care. i would just try to give him adult food and honestly in the worst case he will eat what ever you give him when he is hungry enough. i know that sounds mean but kids wont let them selves starve. dont make him eat things he doesnt want cuz in my opinion that makes him a picky eater and you really dont want that... anyone i know i dont want a picky eater. hope things get better for you and him... good luck mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)