Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Spouses

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:30 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 118 Total Views

My husband wants me to start going to school, and I know i qualify for using his GI Bill...BUT the confusing thing is how to go about it, do any of you know how? He is deploying in april for  one year and during that time frame i'd like to get some school out of the way...HELP me!!

Keena

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MomNtheRes
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Contact the school you are interested in going to. You will need a copy of his GI Bill and they have forms for you to fill out with all the info. I'm using my GI bill right now- thats all I had to do. Pretty sure it should be the same for spouses. If nothing else the school can put you in touch with their VA Benefits rep, and they can walk you through it. Best of luck! I just started school this semester after a 4 year break, I'm glad I went back. 

MommaSteltz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I am so ready!!! Each time i go to apply or start my classes I find out I am prego...I am having our second baby in february and I'm like okay no more children I WANT MY DEGREE LOL. my school is only a two yr program, I am so excited...just not happy about him deploying for a year...ughhhh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)