Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need ideas! Please read!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 154 Total Views

I work for our local hospital in the dietary department! We are trying to make things better around that area. We have a Snack bar which is the junk food area you could say. We serve hamburgers, fries, hot dogs and other stuff like that. In the cafeteria its more of a healthy choice not always but there is at least one health choice. Here is my question for you guys. If yo were a employee or vistor to the hospital what would you want in a Snack bar?  We are also thinking about remodeling but it would be on a shoe string budget any ideas there too would be helpful.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Charmed7up
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I think fresh fruit and veggies are the best snacks. There's a snack area near my job that has cheese/crackers and grapes, yogurts, veggie sticks, fruit bowls. My hubby loves to buy a pack of grape or cherry tomatoes and he will eat them like it were a bag of chips. Green Tea, water and 100% juices are better than sodas. Offer half sandwiches with deli meat and condiments on the side. Look at baked and light potato chips. Cheese sticks (kids love these! Better than a candy bar.)

Hope that helps a little. Try to take one processed food (like hotdogs) and replace it with a better alternative (turkey breast). Or take a food high in fat, like chips, and replace it with a healthier version like the baked chips.

Charmed

kj21
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM

thanks

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)