Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A young mother lost her only child in the NICU last night

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 387 Total Views

I work for a charity organization that deals with moms and dads that have babies in the NICU.  When I arrived at work this morning, I was deeply saddened to find out that one of our mommies had lost her baby.  Subsequently she had to have her tubes tied at the time of the birth, so she will never get to experience the miracle of having a baby of her own.  This really bothers me.  Any words of advice for the mom? Or me?  Im not sure how I would handle it, let alone how the mom is handling it right now...

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wantinababy1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Well if it aint a medical reason, she can have  her tubes UNTIED.

I feel sorry for you and her.

I dont know what to say.

amiralou22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM

She had to have them tied for a medical reason, otherwise she said she would never have done it.  Its so sad. 

nily
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I experience the same when my son was in the NICU both mother and baby die the same day it was a young mom that had a long list of medical problems deliver twins and she was very ill while her 2 months early kids where in the NICU. I remember it was Oct. 7th and in the morning the mom pass away and by evening the little boy die too. Sadly that where the time we got to visit our son in the NICU and we found all the parents crying nurses and even doctors. The dad was really sad but the baby she left (a girl) was very strong and healthy. I felt horrible and very scared for my son. I pray in the hall as the body of the baby where taken to another part of the hospital. Is all I could do PRAY because I wasn't strong enough to say something and I knew there are anything I could say to calm the pain. A few days later our Joseph was release and the little girl too. I could see the dad excited dressing her up to go out. Is I walk to the door with my DS, my DH and I look back to Joseph empty cradle and I really wish no baby got to be there ever and I look all those babies that got to stay there. And I pray again for all of them.

Mommy8271120
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I'm not sure what to tell you but you have my prayers.

~If God wanted us all to be them same, He wouldn't have made us so different.

mom2be430
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM

awwwww!!! im really srry to hear tht i feel for her

cowgirl73085
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM

My first child was in the NICU, She was born almost 6 weeks early and had holes in her lungs. I was able to bring her home after 7 days thanks to all the prayers. When I had my secend child there was a lady in my church who had a son the same month I had my daughter, He was born with his insides out. He was in the NICU for a month and died just after his first birthday. I felt so bad for her. There were 3 babies born at the church in the same month I haven't seen here there since.

Xzaviers.mom
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Its hard to find words to say to a mother that has to go through  that. My sister just lost her first baby (he never made it to nicu). my good friend had her baby in nicu for 5 months before she was able to take him home. my other friend has hers in there right now.   It makes me sad that bad things have to hapen to any child, and it is very hard to find words to say when it does happen. My thoughts and prayers are with every family out there that has to go through it.

seasidegrandma
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I don't think there is any words that you can say to the Mom to make her feel better. You can offer her your sympathies and tell her you will pray for her and you can just lsten to what she has to say. Is there a group for moms who have lost their children so young to support each other? do they have a member who could come and visit her? Another mom who has had the same experience will be able to share her tears with her.

Seasidegrandma / Linda

"The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, (and) self control."  Galatians 5: 22-23

starfish.

tmfanning
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Gosh! This is the most traumatic experience a parent can endure. We all have lots of advice but only time will heal the mother and father. The pain is too deep. Surrounding themselves with family, friends, long walks and therapy helps the time pass easier. My heartfelt prayers to the family.

http://www.theplaydatekids.com

Seppesmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I have no words for this, nor for the other story posted in here about the mom who passed and her boy too... Since I've had my son in June I think about things like this quite often and I honestly don't think I could survive if anything happened to him. 

The thought is just too unbearable 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)