Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What All Should I Pack?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 207 Total Views

I still got a few weeks..(7weeks)  till my Due Date but I am woundering what I should pack in the Hospital Bags.

Baby Bag:

My Bag:

Dad Bag:

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foreverlove6
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM

ur bag:

cozy pj so u don't have to wear a gown the whole time.

undies u don't mind getting messes up

slippers

brush

toothbrush and paste

something to go home in

shampoo- cause the hospitals sucks

soap- cause the hospitals sucks

and something u enjoy doing to past the time

babies bag:

outfit for hospital pictures

diapers

outfit to bring baby home

back up outfit

if bottle feeding- bottles and fomula

his bag:

whatever u think he will need

I live for the smile on my daughter's face
wantinababy1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Thank you..

foreverlove6
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM

u bet good luck with ur little one

I live for the smile on my daughter's face
momof3jam
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Baby bag: cute going home outfit and socks, carseat and a blanket (that's basically all you'll need/use since they give you everything else)

Mom bag: something to keep you occupied (magazine, crossword puzzles, nail polish, whatever), going home clothes (I suggest your early-pregnancy maternity jeans since they'll fit comfortably), flip flops or slippers, brush and whatever hair supplies you use, makeup (if you're up to put some on - remember everyone will be taking pictures), deodorant, toothbrush & toothpaste, your own pillow (very important b/c hospital ones SUCK), hmmm... I think that's it.

Dad bag: (he's responsible for all the important stuff) cell phones and chargers or change for payphones, batteries, camera or camcorder, his own pillow and comfy pants (DH had to sleep in jeans the first time), snacks (he will get hungry), Tylenol (in case all the screaming and shocking stuff gives him a headache), ummm... I think that's it there too.

It should all fit into one large bag, or 2 smaller bags. I remember when my first son was born, I had so much crap you'd think I was moving in! We didn't even touch most of it. They give you pretty much give you everything for the baby, and you just need enough stuff as if you were staying in a hotel for a night or two.

Good luck!!

I am a happily married mother of
2 beautiful boys and one pretty princess. Formula and breastfeeding on demand, disposable diapering, cio, spoil my children rotten, dog-loving, Facebooking,
tattoo loving, college educated, vaxing, pro-choice, and currently a stay at home mama, with morals and heart.

luvmyaustin
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM

your bag

change of clothes to go home in

undies atleast 5

pads

preparation wipes

make up bag , blow dryer, shampoo conditioner, soap or body wash, deodorant

socks or slippers

snacks, magazines

nursing bras, pillow

baby bag

outfit for pics or come home in.... hospital provides the rest!!!!

daddy bag

change of clothes at least 3 days

deodorant , body wash etc

games or things he loves to keep him occupied

camera, baby book

gum

this is what we packed remember less is more and you do not need pajamas or different changes of clothes just stay in their gown trust me its messy better to ruin theirs then yours lol and as far as baby they provide blankets and burp cloths and syringe and formula if needed and diapers and baby bag its usually from enfamil or similac so keep it very simple its a lot of lugging as i learned from my first oh and a must breast pads.

momof3jam
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I forgot about the soaps - definitely bring those. All the shower stuff you use.

I don't know about your hospital, but I've been in 2 and both gave me tons of diapers in the hospital and sent me home with a big bag. Also, if you're bottle feeding they give you ready made bottles that you just open and pop a nipple on (super convenient) and they sent me home with a box of those too.

And my personal experience, I wouldn't bring undies. They give you these weird mesh undies (like fishnet) and gigantic pads, but you're bleeding a lot so they leak very easily and you'll most likely ruin your underwear.

Quoting foreverlove6:

ur bag:

cozy pj so u don't have to wear a gown the whole time.

undies u don't mind getting messes up

slippers

brush

toothbrush and paste

something to go home in

shampoo- cause the hospitals sucks

soap- cause the hospitals sucks

and something u enjoy doing to past the time

babies bag:

outfit for hospital pictures

diapers

outfit to bring baby home

back up outfit

if bottle feeding- bottles and fomula

his bag:

whatever u think he will need

Danielle164
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:16 AM

O this also helped me because i have been wondering the same thing...Thanks

logansmama16
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Your bag: Your pillows, a robe, a nightgown, nursing bra if your nursing, your own blanket, shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap, outfit to go home in, makeup (helped me feel not so disgusting lol), crackers, little things to snack on that don't need to be refrigerated..Deoderant..slippers..ipod/mp3 player, tooth brush, tooth paste.

Babys bag: Do not bring formula or diapers. The hospitals I have been too sent me home with 3 packages of swaddlers newborn, all the stuff to change his circ, and a whole bunch of formula ( I nursed him, so I gave it away :)) Outfit to take pictures in...carseat, receiving blanket, big blanket, pacifier, back up outfit or 2.

Daddys bag: Deoderant, towels (hospital towels suck!!) 3 days worth of clothes (just in case) change for the vending machine, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body soap..pillows..blankets, magazines..

wantinababy1
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 1:04 AM

When Do I Start Packing?

wantinababy1
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM

?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)