Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUD Questions

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 377 Total Views

This might be TMI but really I'm a lil worried about it.

Okay so after I had my second son I got an IUD, I've had it in for a little over two months now and I am still bleeding every day at least just a little bit, it seams to be worse after my husband and I make love. Does anyone know anything about this or had any similar problems?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2three717
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I bled for a  couple of months after I got mine as well, they sau it's not suppose to last that long, but I did. And NOW I get my period like every 2 weeks, really heavy for like a week! It sucks!!!  grr. If you're concerned tho, I would talk to your dr and have them check it to make sure everything is ok, and that it's in place where it should be.

The Soy Diva ~ Flora
www.SoyDiva.com

Satisfy your Senses!!
Home Parties~Basket Parties~Fundraisers
Start your own Home Business for as just $29!!

Soy Candles & Tarts
~Balsa Wood Wick Candles~Electric Warmers~Room Sprays

HeartsLove
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I bled for 6mos after it and had horrible pain. Had to have it taken out and things were so bad in there I ended up having surgery about a month later

singlemomma1025
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Well, i guess iam a lucky one i havent had my period or any bleeding since before i got pg (well except for a week right after i had her). its been two years since i got the IUD. the only thing ive had was really bad cramping.

On the other hand, my best friend bleeds alllll the time. sometimes its bad sometimes its light. Its the same for her after sex she usually bleeds no matter what.

So i think it really depends on you and how your body adjust to the IUD.

Tiffany; single mom to Kyra; my two year old princess

AdamsWife0901
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I've had the iud for 3 1/2 years.  I bled for a few months after I had it put it and then it completely stopped and I had a period only once a year.  But I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant while I'm on the iud. But I had pain and bleeding the first couple months and it went away. 

aidenjacobimom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Guess I'm a lucky one too..  I've had mine for 2 1/2 years and I haven't really had any bleeding.  I do feel a pinch inside my stuff every now and then.  You should talk to your dr.

ecodani
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I had the paragard hormone-free. The doc inserted it wrong and it got lodged in my cervix. Super much pain. The worst was the doc wouldn't believe me for months and said I was just whining. Insist you get seen ASAP if you are in pain.

Had it removed. Switched doctors.

Britt724
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Hello, I have had the same thing happen to me. The IUD was horrible, I got it taken out with in six months. I would talk to your doctor, if they wont listen keep hounding them till they do.

bri_ann
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:17 AM

That sucks! I was told that you will have a light period or none at all...

bri_ann
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Awww man... what did you have to have surgury to repair?

tmfanning
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I never liked the IUD because it was uncomfortable and caused infection. I tried the patch and that messed up my menstral cycle. So now I just use the rhythm method. It seems to be working.

http://www.theplaydatekids.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)