Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arizona burglars steal box holding baby’s ashes

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

Arizona burglars steal box holding baby’s ashes

Parents plea:  Return remains of twin boy who died in 1996

PEORIA, Ariz. - An Arizona family is pleading with burglars to return a wooden music box containing the ashes of their 5-month old son.

The Peoria family came home Thursday afternoon and found the garage door open and the house ransacked. The burglars stole electronics and a wooden music box.

Inside the box were the ashes of 5-month-old Tyler. His mother, Lindsay Grannis, says he died in 1996; she laid him down for a nap with his twin brother and "he just never woke up."

The family says the box has no monetary value and they're willing to make a deal.

If the ashes are returned to any Peoria or Phoenix fire station, the burglars can keep the rest of the stolen items.

Police say they believe the burglars got inside the home using a universal garage door remote. 

As a mother who has lost a child, this is by far the worst crime I could ever imagine with my child's ashes. I cannot fathom the pain the family is going through and honestly, I hope the criminals involved give back the music box with the baby's ashes. This story honestly breaks my heart because even in a burglary, a child's ashes are not even safe. It makes you wonder how desperate people are for that extra dollar.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Shauna71904
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM

AMEN.... God bless the soul of the baby the mother, the father, and the family.... and condemn those who have the evil inside to do such a heinous thing

Quoting Mina2904:

As a mother who has lost a child, this is by far the worst crime I could ever imagine with my child's ashes.

StarMommy06
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Oh thats so sad!

Mina2904
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I may not be Christian but AMEN TO THAT!!!

Quoting Shauna71904:

AMEN.... God bless the soul of the baby the mother, the father, and the family.... and condemn those who have the evil inside to do such a heinous thing

Quoting Mina2904:

As a mother who has lost a child, this is by far the worst crime I could ever imagine with my child's ashes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)