Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh, night from hell

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

So we live in Chicago and take the train/bus to work.  For me (and my DS) to get to my job (work at a daycare so he goes with) it takes about 1.5 hrs!! (Yep, I'm looking for another job.  It's not easy right now.) He's 15 months old so sitting STILL that long is really hard on him. Especially when I don't get off work until 6- which puts us getting home around 8.  (PAST HIS BEDTIME!)

Anyway. So he was a total WRECK on the bus going home- I feel so bad trying to keep him happy and quiet so people don't want to kill me, but it totally wasn't happening.  A little old lady yelled at me and told me I was a bad mom! (Because I didn't have his coat zipped and hood up WHILE WE WERE ON THE BUS!)

So then I get home and it only gets better.

1st I'm frustrated at SO for leaving the minute I walk in the door (to go buy a Wii with his little sister)- not the point but! Still lol

Then FIL (we are staying with them since we just moved from Florida) calls us both into his office for a TALK- oh Lord.  He tells us he feels we are being dishonest about certain things and he wants the truth- ok?

He wants to know if we are hiding a laptop in our room (lol, long story.  yeah we were.  we bought it and didn't want anyone to know) and WHAT OUR RELATIONSHIP IS! WTF?

He asks if we are together or just hanging out until "something better comes along". WHAT!?!

We are having problems, but uhm... how is that ANY of YOUR business!! Then his mom goes into this big long BS about how HURT she is that she's been lied to (about the laptop, lol- she's a drama queen)

It's just... UGH! That's all I can say.  I really don't know what to do!  I said flat out right there that I think we need to talk to someone- he refuses.  I feel like we have NO relationship!  I work all day and he works a lot of nights- even if he's home, I'm exhausted!  I couldn't tell you the last night we did anything just the 2 of us LET ALONE had sex (gasp! i said sex, hehe) I really feel like we are falling apart. And the fact that HIS PARENTS noticed is.. EMBARRASSING!?!

It was just the most UNCOMFORTABLE conversation EVER! I honestly didn't know what to say! 

We reallly need to get our own place, like YESTERDAY!

I'm a young (but strict) independent Mommy of one (so far).  I firmly believe in CIO, front facing, semi-vaccinating, ocassional spanking/time-outs, tough love!  Nothing irritates this Mommy more than immature little girls wanting a baby so badly then NOT TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN!  You give us "Young Momma's" a bad name- and we don't deserve it.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
danette624
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:23 AM

that must suuuuck lol and your relationship and what you  have is really no ones business, let alone his parents. ad wtf? waiting for somthing better to come along? wow. if you guys make good money and can afford it i would move out ASAP! do you not have anyone to watch your son for the night so you guys can have "you" time? what about his parents?

i know about the whole different schedule thing, i work from 4pm-12am and dh works 12am-8am, we work at the same place but still, it gets hard.

i wish and hope things get better! pm me if you need to!! i'd love to talk!

oh and btw--i would have nutted up on that old lady lol crazy old bag!

Seppesmom
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:35 PM

gosh I feel for you hun. The trip every day with your lil' one. Sounds really tough. And the situation at home is just plain sucky!

I hope your situation get's easier really soon and you find a job closer to home.

Alexz_Mommy
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:44 PM

They have in the past- we just HATE asking!! Lately things have been so crazy- usually he's working Friday nights and we're broke!!

Things have been really good the past 2 days- we talk (via text message OF COURSE) yesterday and got a lot out in the open and that helped a lot!

AND! Alex did AMAZING on the train going home yesterday, so he got a treat for the bus ride home.  And the treat kept him happy through the bus ride haha!

I packed him some left over dinner to eat tonight on the train- it seemed to work yesterday? Keep your fingers crossed!!

I'm a young (but strict) independent Mommy of one (so far).  I firmly believe in CIO, front facing, semi-vaccinating, ocassional spanking/time-outs, tough love!  Nothing irritates this Mommy more than immature little girls wanting a baby so badly then NOT TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN!  You give us "Young Momma's" a bad name- and we don't deserve it.

Seppesmom
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 10:42 PM

sounds like a plan! maybe you could try to bring something everyday. Something new to grab his attention. With that I don't mean NEW new, but a favorite toy one day, or his blanky the next, some food, a piece of candy, a pocket game to play, a story to read. Every day something else. I bet after a while he'll be anxious to see what the trip home brings that day

keep changing it up, it'll be more fun for the both of you!

Quoting Alexz_Mommy:

They have in the past- we just HATE asking!! Lately things have been so crazy- usually he's working Friday nights and we're broke!!

Things have been really good the past 2 days- we talk (via text message OF COURSE) yesterday and got a lot out in the open and that helped a lot!

AND! Alex did AMAZING on the train going home yesterday, so he got a treat for the bus ride home.  And the treat kept him happy through the bus ride haha!

I packed him some left over dinner to eat tonight on the train- it seemed to work yesterday? Keep your fingers crossed!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)