Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

urgent question!!! please!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 338 Total Views

Hi ladies, it has been a LONG time since i've been on the site but i need a bit of advice and quick, mostly to calm my nerves.

Brief background- i miscarried at 19 weeks in july of 08- did autopsy and tons of tests, no results.. baby was healthy

miscarried at 11 weeks, twins measured 8 weeks- did chromosomal tests, no results. babies were fine.

I am pregnant a third time. I am around 9 weeks at the moment. I have a new doctor, due to the fact that i moved across country to be with my husband who is in the army.  I had my first ultrasound a week and three days ago. Baby looked perfect.  I had a blood test done this past thursday to check my progesterone levels (i have no idea why THIS doctor's lightbulb went on and the others didnt) and the doctor called friday to tell me that my levels were low. I started 25 mg of Progesterone Suppositories twice a day on friday. I have an ultrasound today. I am extremely worried that my progesterone levels are low because i already lost the baby. Is that possible?? Or am i worrying for nothing and the baby is probably still ok? I did a lot of research of other women who were in the same predicament and came across many different results. Any advice?? Please, any is appreciated.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Shauna71904
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:37 PM

No advice darling but I have said a prayer for you... Please let us know what the doctor says! Good luck dear.

scygirl06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM

bump!

Alaina623
by Group Admin on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

The low hormone levels could be the reason you lost the other pregnancies. Not because you already lost this one. Until you get into the doctors again and have antoher ultrasound you wont be able to tell. Best wishes to you!

Alaina

A proud wife to a SrA, mommy to a special needs boy, a bratty drama queen and #3 is on the way is another precious girl!

babies

tazz67mom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:44 AM

It is important that you stay positive. The power of positive thinking goes a long way especially in keeping yourself healthy for the baby. I will keep you in my prayers.

unamamafeliz
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:56 PM
try not to stress your self, you have to think positive and pray. Sometimes some pregnancy you have to rest more, try to rest and eat healthy. may the Lord cover you and your baby i wish you the best.
MrsMorgan91
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Praise God you found this doctor.  This happened to my sister.  She miscarried twice with no answers.  She switched doctors and they found she had low hormone levels as well.  She took progesterone and she also took lasix ( a blood thinner).  She found out her blood would clot and it cut nutrition to the baby.  To give you good news, she is now less than two months from her due date with a very healthy baby boy!  There is a name for what she has but I can not think of it, I am sorry.  If you want more information, let me know and I can get it from her.    She was also diagnosed with PCOS.  Kuddos to you to not give up.  I will keep you in my prayers :)

hugs

LydiaClaire
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM

My prayers are with you and your baby.Stay positive,and thank God you found this new doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)