Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dialated...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

Okay I went to my doctor's 2day and she said I dialated 3cm (YAY). I am 38wks! She didn't even make a doctor's appt for me next week because said I probably already had the baby by then. My due date isn't until the 27th. So my question is how long did it take before ur water broke and how fast can u get to 10cm?

Also my doc told me if I want I can go head up to the hospital but I figure I would be just there waiting all night and they would monitor my contractions or I can stay home and wait it out. What do all think I should do?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ashleywilkerson
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:21 PM

my water broke at 3cm with my daughter, i would stay home cuz they will prob send you home anyways unless your water breaks

Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
i am a formula feeding, disposable diapering, gental disipline, vaxing(no swine flu), stay at home mom!
mdhogg25
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Quoting ashleywilkerson:

my water broke at 3cm with my daughter, i would stay home cuz they will prob send you home anyways unless your water breaks

Thanks for responding=) I probably wait it out at home because I don't wanna sit in no hosptial all night for them to send me back home!

CafeMom Tickers
crazy_n_luv86
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:25 PM

im 40 weeks and i dialiated 3 cm and my cervix is 50 % phased. They want me to be induced saturday and i am like you i dont know what to do i am kinda scared already being dialated 3 cm and not knowing if i should be at the hospital or not.

prplflrs3
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:33 PM

im 38 1/2 weeks, dialated 4 and 75% effaced but still no baby. I thought i might have her yesterday but my contractions stopped and i havent had any today.  Shes due the 25th. i'll go to the doc's office if i start having consecutive contractions for more than an hour, if its after hours i'll go to the hospital. Things can progress really quickly if its real labor .

mthomas179
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I would wait it out at home as long as you can......first babies usually take a while.  I know with my first I was at 2cm for over a week.  As far as your water breaking and you continuing to dialite the best thing I can tell you......expect it to take a while, but everyone is different.  Mine both times had to be broken by the dr once I was far enough along.   Good luck and your baby girl will be soon either way!!!

mdhogg25
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Quoting mthomas179:

I would wait it out at home as long as you can......first babies usually take a while.  I know with my first I was at 2cm for over a week.  As far as your water breaking and you continuing to dialite the best thing I can tell you......expect it to take a while, but everyone is different.  Mine both times had to be broken by the dr once I was far enough along.   Good luck and your baby girl will be soon either way!!!

This is my 2nd so I was hoping things would move a little faster this time around. But thanks for the response=) Hopefully she will be here b4 X-mas  because I do not want to spend my Christmas in the hospital!!!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Devonsmommy2007
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM

with my first one when I went in i was 5 cm dilated and 70% and I was only in labor pushing and all for 7:1/2 hours but still you should probably just wait it out at home cause ever pregnancy is different

CafeMom Tickers
iggles1967
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 1:38 AM

When i was 37 weeks and dialated to 4cm they sent me over to hospital to have the baby.. I was having contractions at the time as well... They kinda induced a bit since i was going already, to get him out b4 my doc went on holiday... and i delivered that evening. was my 6th baby who had been trying to come since 25 weeks but i was on meds to stop the contractions. I had run out of the meds the night b4 my ob appointment. but i expect even with a normal pregnancy at 3 cm you can expect your baby very soon... i would wager for well b4 xmas... especially if you have intercourse or anything else to help encourage labor. You being 38 weeks... Have sex now while you can.. will be 6 weeks after if you follow the rules... lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)