Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it too early

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:31 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

Okay so i totally got bashed on baby gaga for this and no i'm not lying but is it normal for babies to do these things at this age

At week one my daughter was holding her head (little to no help at all)

At week two she was holding her own bottle (still needing some help) and pushing her self up with me hold onto her hands

At week 4 smiling, scooting, and cooing

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mbelle25
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:44 AM

It is definitely earlier than most babies but its not "too early" by any means. My son was sitting up by himself before he was three months old. Just be careful to not push her to do too much because I dont know if her little body can handle it. 4 weeks is normal for smiling though, my son had his first smile almost a month to the day after he was born! Dont let anyone bash you though, some babies are walking at 8 months and others dont until they are over  a year. Your daughter is going to do what she can do when she can do it! 

billowfamily
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Thank you very much

BellazBabyMomma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:52 AM

It is fine there is no milestone that is to early. My dd was rolling over at a month by herself to one side. By three months could sit up by herself. By 4 and a half was crawling around the house and by 8 and a half months could walk by herself around the house, The doctor said she has always hit her milestones very early . But believe me i look back now and wished she would have stayed  a baby longer. So enjoy the holding and cuddleing now once she started moving that is all she wanted to do. good luck

The Loves of my Life

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)