Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need support

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

I just got a temporary restraining order to remove my husband from our home Friday.  My children and myself are afraid him due tohis anger issues.  DYFS is involved to, because my husband is on probation.  My own mother and husband wanted me to lie to DYFS ro keep the family together.  I am sad,but I am strong and in counseling along with meds too.

NettNett1

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:59 AM

You made the right decision for your safety and for the safety of your children.  People fail to realize that it isnt always in the child's best interest to keep the family together since they are not as blind to the violence as we imagine.  Speaking personally, you made the right decision!  I wish my Mother would have left my father sooner than she did!

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Good for you!  Children should never have to live in fear (and wives should either).  Don't lie to DYFS...you need them on YOUR side and they are there for the protection of your little ones.  Your MOTHER should be ashamed of herself for even suggesting such a thing.  That is disgusting. 

You are a strong person obviously.  You and your children deserve a life free of the anxiety, abuse and fear that come from living with a man like this.

Good luck and stay strong honey.  You keep looking out for yourself and the kids and screw anybody who doesn't support that.

NettNett1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:20 AM

Thank you for the support.  My husband is a really nice guy and a great father too.  He just has anger issues that he needs to learn how to deal with them.  My children are 3 & 5 and they are both very difficult to parent.  That still does not give anyone the right to put their  hands on them in an abusive way.  We may have both grown up in abusive households, but that does not mean that we have to follow the pattern too.  I love my husband very much and that is why I did this too.  I can not live in fear formy family any more.  My children deserve so much more than that too. 

Texan1993
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Good for you! I am so proud of you! You made the RIGHT decision for you and your kids! Stay strong and hold your ground. Stay on your meds and continue counsoling and remember this too shall pass. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)