Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have experience with this???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

the this i am referring to is business banquets? I am in the dark on this and hope I am doing it correctly! haha. HELP me!!!! ok here are the details:

* formal

* 80+ guests

* awards banquet

* mixed cultures

So i booked this place. they do more than weddings and have a gorgeous facility to house our # of guests. My thoughts on food were (buffet style variety)

SALAD:

Cesar and garden

ENTREES: (2 of the 3) no BEEF I HAVE HINDIS HERE

Mediterranean chicken

Southwestern chicken

Spinach stuffed tilapia

VEGETABLES:

Sautéed seasonal

Steamed fresh green beans

STARCHES:

Wild Rice Pilaf

Rosemary roasted new potatoes

DESSERTS:

Assorted sweet bar

Cannolis

PLUS the Indian assortment (north and south indian)

there will be a bar with beer and wine only (is that ok? justified?)

Is there anything else i should prepare for? anyone with experience???

HELP ME!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BoundHearts
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:45 PM

sorry , no ~ but i think the menu sounds great !!:) 

ecodani
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Many of the Hindu folks my DH works with are vegetarians. They don't eat chicken or fish. Since you have 2 chicken dishes, I would swap one for a chick pea curry or vegetable pasta dish. This might also save some $$. Also, some folks who do not eat beef do not eat anything with cows milk. So if they offer you a cheese dish for a veggie option, I'd pass on that.

Is there dairy in the garden salad? Cheese on it? I'd try to save the parmesan for the cesars only. Also, a simple vinegrette will be great.

If you are only doing 2 entrees, more people eat chicken than eat fish. A lot of people are picky about fish.

No need to serve cocktails. Wine and beer is plenty. Are you doing a sparkling wine for the awards? The toasts? A sparkling white is way cheaper than a champagne and most people aren't really big into champagne anyway. It's for ambience and mood.

Is there a tea and coffee service with the dessert service? That should come as part of the dessert package. Don't let them charge you extra for it.

I'm a marketing person. I have dealt with this silliness plenty.

Also, make sure the gratuity for the staff is included in the final price. You don't want bartenders who get annoyed for not being tipped.

brandidy56
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Ill go! Looks like fun!

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)